Epox 8RDA+ died after 14 months bad capacitors for Epox-Tech

I have a question.

My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard

I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).

Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
same manufacturer of the capacitors.

Why is Epox still using them !!!

And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
also after 3 years.
I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
before replacement.

Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
capacitors also not after 10 years of usage

Michel

BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:29:42 +0200, Michel Weijts
<nospamatweijts@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a question.
>
>My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard
>
>I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).
>
>Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
>same manufacturer of the capacitors.
>
>Why is Epox still using them !!!
>
>And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
>And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
>also after 3 years.
>I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
>before replacement.
>
>Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
>capacitors also not after 10 years of usage
>
>Michel
>
>BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.

I am not exactly sure what you're question is (the questioin about
EPOX repairing your MB after 3 years was hypothetical, right?)

I had a board (almost) the same batch. My dealer said he already 38 of
the 50 sold come back with leaking caps.
It took EPOX NL almost 3 months to repair them. Fortunately I got a
replacement board from my dealer (maxpert.nl)
Unfortunately EPOX only repaired the leaking caps, so now after 2
months I have the same problem again with the remaining caps.

I will requist a new board this time, else this has been my last EPOX
board.

If you want to know which board are more or less OK you might want to
look at http://www.badcaps.com/

Good luck

Peter

Peter

cjt

Peter Oosterhoff wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:29:42 +0200, Michel Weijts
> <nospamatweijts@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I have a question.
>>
>>My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard
>>
>>I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).
>>
>>Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
>>same manufacturer of the capacitors.
>>
>>Why is Epox still using them !!!
>>
>>And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
>>And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
>>also after 3 years.
>>I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
>>before replacement.
>>
>>Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
>>capacitors also not after 10 years of usage
>>
>>Michel
>>
>>BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.
>

> I am not exactly sure what you're question is (the questioin about
> EPOX repairing your MB after 3 years was hypothetical, right?)
>
> I had a board (almost) the same batch. My dealer said he already 38 of
> the 50 sold come back with leaking caps.
> It took EPOX NL almost 3 months to repair them. Fortunately I got a
> replacement board from my dealer (maxpert.nl)
> Unfortunately EPOX only repaired the leaking caps, so now after 2
> months I have the same problem again with the remaining caps.

FWIW, I had a similar experience. In my case their fix of the bad caps
was quick and professional, but another cap failed soon after it came
back.

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 17:52:35 GMT, CJT <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Peter Oosterhoff wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:29:42 +0200, Michel Weijts
>> <nospamatweijts@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I have a question.
>>>
>>>My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard
>>>
>>>I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).
>>>
>>>Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
>>>same manufacturer of the capacitors.
>>>
>>>Why is Epox still using them !!!
>>>
>>>And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
>>>And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
>>>also after 3 years.
>>>I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
>>>before replacement.
>>>
>>>Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
>>>capacitors also not after 10 years of usage
>>>
>>>Michel
>>>
>>>BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.
>>

>> I am not exactly sure what you're question is (the questioin about
>> EPOX repairing your MB after 3 years was hypothetical, right?)
>>
>> I had a board (almost) the same batch. My dealer said he already 38 of
>> the 50 sold come back with leaking caps.
>> It took EPOX NL almost 3 months to repair them. Fortunately I got a
>> replacement board from my dealer (maxpert.nl)
>> Unfortunately EPOX only repaired the leaking caps, so now after 2
>> months I have the same problem again with the remaining caps.
>
>FWIW, I had a similar experience. In my case their fix of the bad caps
>was quick and professional, but another cap failed soon after it came
>back.
>

>> I will requist a new board this time, else this has been my last EPOX
>> board.
>>
>> If you want to know which board are more or less OK you might want to
>> look at http://www.badcaps.com/
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Peter

I think it is ridiculous. If they know the whole batch of caps is bad,
why not replace all of them with ones that they know to be good?
They are not doing themselves or their customers a service.
Peter

Their cheap EVIL, Bastards.

Heard all the bad stuff and went Abit NF7-S 2.0 have not looked back
:p

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:29:42 +0200, Michel Weijts
<nospamatweijts@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a question.
>
>My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard
>
>I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).
>
>Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
>same manufacturer of the capacitors.
>
>Why is Epox still using them !!!
>
>And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
>And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
>also after 3 years.
>I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
>before replacement.
>
>Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
>capacitors also not after 10 years of usage
>
>Michel
>
>BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.

HELLO NURSE.

TRENDING THREADS