Just ordered EP-8RDA6+Pro

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

As title. Found very little on the board via the net yet. Anyone else
purchased this board and got any feedback to share?
Reason I purchased was the feature list, particularly 6 Sata channels and
Coaxial SPDIF output. I collect and store a lot of video so I wanted plenty
of HDD channels. The coaxial output also allows me to retain existing hookup
to HT in another room. Never could understand the majority of PC makers only
supplying Optical output onboard as it makes for a very expensive connection
where distance between connections is involved. I've been looking for a
board to replace my ageing Asus A7V333 Raid board for a while but nothing
quite fitted the bill that allowed me to upgrade cheaply and still retain
use of several socket A CPU's I have.

"Ted" <somewhere@home.com> wrote in message
> As title. Found very little on the board via the net yet. Anyone else
> purchased this board and got any feedback to share?
> Reason I purchased was the feature list, particularly 6 Sata channels
and
> Coaxial SPDIF output. I collect and store a lot of video so I wanted
plenty
> of HDD channels. The coaxial output also allows me to retain existing
hookup
> to HT in another room. Never could understand the majority of PC makers
only
> supplying Optical output onboard as it makes for a very expensive
connection
> where distance between connections is involved. I've been looking for a
> board to replace my ageing Asus A7V333 Raid board for a while but
nothing
> quite fitted the bill that allowed me to upgrade cheaply and still
retain
> use of several socket A CPU's I have.

There's a review here:

http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=28&submit=Go