Missing CD-ROM and DVD Drives

About a month ago I started to notice that my CD-ROM and DVD drives would
periodically disappear and then reappear. When they went missing I would go
into the device manager and they wouldn't even be there it was like they
weren't even connected. I've physically checked and rechecked the connections
and they are all good. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this or how
to fix it.

Can anyone here offer any suggestions?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about missing drives

    See Alex Nichol's fix at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    www.coribright.com

    "ahzad" <ahzad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > About a month ago I started to notice that my CD-ROM and DVD drives would
    > periodically disappear and then reappear. When they went missing I would
    > go
    > into the device manager and they wouldn't even be there it was like they
    > weren't even connected. I've physically checked and rechecked the
    > connections
    > and they are all good. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this or
    > how
    > to fix it.
    >
    > Can anyone here offer any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.