8HDA First boot problem

Hi,
I've built a system using the following spec:

Epox 8HDA5j MB Socket 754
AMD 64 2800X+
PC3200 DDR DIMM 512MB
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 256 mb Graphics card

When booting, the power comes on, but no bios, graphics, etc. The
port debug LCD says 'FF', which means boot attempt.

I've tried a lot of different things to try and get it working. Maybe
I've missed something or someone knows of a common problem?

Help appreciated.
Thanks,
Alan R.
1 answer Last reply
More about 8hda boot problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Alan R wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've built a system using the following spec:
    >
    > Epox 8HDA5j MB Socket 754
    > AMD 64 2800X+
    > PC3200 DDR DIMM 512MB
    > Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 256 mb Graphics card
    >
    > When booting, the power comes on, but no bios, graphics, etc. The
    > port debug LCD says 'FF', which means boot attempt.
    >
    > I've tried a lot of different things to try and get it working. Maybe
    > I've missed something or someone knows of a common problem?

    Be aware that there are two 'FF's ! When the display first lights up
    it says FF and, shortly after the POST gets going, you'll see the
    C0 series and then the 10s and 20s and so on culminating, in
    a working system, with a boot attempt showing FF again.

    HTH

Epox Motherboards