Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

8RDA3+ Strange freeze - but only for a short time

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 3:20:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

Hi,

I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to time
the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues as
if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some kind of
interrupt problems.

Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and so I
realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the end if
the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind of
annoying.

Regards

Andreas
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2004 8:37:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

"Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de> wrote in message
news:41475fbc$0$24813$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> Hi,
>
> I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to
time
> the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues
as
> if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some
kind of
> interrupt problems.
>
> Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
> this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and
so I
> realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the
end if
> the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind
of
> annoying.

Is something trying to access a non-existent network connection?


--
Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex
Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.
September 15, 2004 10:32:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de>
wrote:

Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat


>Hi,
>
>I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to time
>the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues as
>if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some kind of
>interrupt problems.
>
>Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
>this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and so I
>realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the end if
>the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind of
>annoying.
>
>Regards
>
>Andreas
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2004 1:48:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

....
> Is something trying to access a non-existent network connection?

don't think so but will check.

thx.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2004 1:49:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

"Painter" <Painter@paint.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:feofk01apcjttm10cam8bourt2ivakk20e@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de>
> wrote:
>
> Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat
>

Ok, will check fan on the video card - the only fan I didn't check. :) 

Thx

Andreas
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2004 3:48:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

I have the similar problem. I had nail it down to the SATA controller. For
my case, if I use the ATA drive, the system run very smooth and fast without
any problem.

I sent the motherboard to EPOX for RMA. It is about 1.5 months and I do not
get any news from EPOX. I suspect this problem should be for all 8RDA3+
motherboard, rather than a particular one.

What kind of hard dish do you use?

Thanks,
Edmond


"Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de> wrote in message
news:41475fbc$0$24813$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> Hi,
>
> I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to time
> the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues as
> if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some kind
of
> interrupt problems.
>
> Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
> this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and so
I
> realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the end
if
> the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind of
> annoying.
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas
>
>
September 16, 2004 4:03:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:49:32 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de>
wrote:

>"Painter" <Painter@paint.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:feofk01apcjttm10cam8bourt2ivakk20e@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat
>>
>
>Ok, will check fan on the video card - the only fan I didn't check. :) 
>
>Thx
>
>Andreas
>
I had the exact same problem would freeze for about 10-25 seconds
during application or game use and I replaced the video card an all is
well. Card was dying and sometimes would cause square pixels on the
screen too and would freeze out of nowhere. Checked video card and fan
was dead (not spinning) sometimes they spin barely a few rpms and
sometimes they stop, could be intermittent revolutions.

Anyhow the gpu or memory onboard the video card died, the heat took
it's toll. Good luck!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 9:10:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

You are right it could be the SATA controller. Mostly I get the error if I
access to this controller - and the problem got worst after I pluged one IDE
drive with an adapter to the SATA.

Hopefully something which can be solved via driver or flash update - the
board I am now using is a replacement for my trashed 8RDA3.

Thx

Andreas
"Ed Cheng" <edmcheng@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:l082d.17580$0h7.1352653@news20.bellglobal.com...
>I have the similar problem. I had nail it down to the SATA controller.
>For
> my case, if I use the ATA drive, the system run very smooth and fast
> without
> any problem.
>
> I sent the motherboard to EPOX for RMA. It is about 1.5 months and I do
> not
> get any news from EPOX. I suspect this problem should be for all 8RDA3+
> motherboard, rather than a particular one.
>
> What kind of hard dish do you use?
>
> Thanks,
> Edmond
>
>
> "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de> wrote in message
> news:41475fbc$0$24813$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to time
>> the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues
>> as
>> if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some kind
> of
>> interrupt problems.
>>
>> Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
>> this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and so
> I
>> realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the end
> if
>> the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind of
>> annoying.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 9:11:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

I realy hope its not the video card :) 

But will check.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2004 1:37:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

I updated latest BIOS from EPOX and SATA driver from Silicon Image and
replaced two new SATA drivers before I sent the MB for RMA. And my MB was a
new one at that time. That is why I suspect that all 8RDA3+ have the same
problem.

Edmond

"Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de> wrote in message
news:414c4ef4$0$32673$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> You are right it could be the SATA controller. Mostly I get the error if I
> access to this controller - and the problem got worst after I pluged one
IDE
> drive with an adapter to the SATA.
>
> Hopefully something which can be solved via driver or flash update - the
> board I am now using is a replacement for my trashed 8RDA3.
>
> Thx
>
> Andreas
> "Ed Cheng" <edmcheng@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:l082d.17580$0h7.1352653@news20.bellglobal.com...
> >I have the similar problem. I had nail it down to the SATA controller.
> >For
> > my case, if I use the ATA drive, the system run very smooth and fast
> > without
> > any problem.
> >
> > I sent the motherboard to EPOX for RMA. It is about 1.5 months and I do
> > not
> > get any news from EPOX. I suspect this problem should be for all 8RDA3+
> > motherboard, rather than a particular one.
> >
> > What kind of hard dish do you use?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Edmond
> >
> >
> > "Andreas Günther" <erudin@web.de> wrote in message
> > news:41475fbc$0$24813$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to
time
> >> the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues
> >> as
> >> if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some
kind
> > of
> >> interrupt problems.
> >>
> >> Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new
if
> >> this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and
so
> > I
> >> realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the
end
> > if
> >> the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind
of
> >> annoying.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
!