windows XP monitor frequency

I have a dos program that I use at work which worked fine with my old
windows 98 machine. I now have a windows XP machine and when I try to
run the program the screen goes blank except for a message which says:

Out of Frequency

HF: 22.1 kHz
VF: 54.0 Hz

Operation Frequency

HF: 30-71 kHz
VF: 50-160 Hz

Does anyone know if there are any settings that I can adjust that will
allow me to see the program? I have tried installing my graphics card
and monitor from my old machine into my new one but that had no
effect.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
2 answers Last reply
More about windows monitor frequency

    Is there a difference between Full-Screen and Windowed modes?

    You will probably need a DOS emulator to make the program work properly.
    I would suggest DosBox:
    http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Ian wrote:
    > I have a dos program that I use at work which worked fine with my old
    > windows 98 machine. I now have a windows XP machine and when I try to
    > run the program the screen goes blank except for a message which says:
    >
    > Out of Frequency
    >
    > HF: 22.1 kHz
    > VF: 54.0 Hz
    >
    > Operation Frequency
    >
    > HF: 30-71 kHz
    > VF: 50-160 Hz
    >
    > Does anyone know if there are any settings that I can adjust that will
    > allow me to see the program? I have tried installing my graphics card
    > and monitor from my old machine into my new one but that had no
    > effect.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Ian

Monitors Windows XP