kelly

Hi, I upgraded to SP2 yesterday and cannot get my scanner or printer to work.
I've contacted several people about getting the printer to work, but they
are at a loss. I noticed tonight that my scanner won't work either and I'm
assuming the problem is with the USB ports. In my Device Manager there are
no yellow exclamation marks next to any of my peripherals and there are five
entries under USB controllers: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller,
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller, another the same as the former, and two
of USB Root Hub. All of these are said to be working properly and without
conflicts by the Device Manager. I'm wondering if I should remove some or
all of the USB drivers and let Windows reinstall them, although I'm kind of
shaky about doing such a thing.

Does anybody know what my next step should be?

Kelly

kelly

Sorry, folks, I fixed it by the help of a previous post. Sorry for any
inconvenience. In case anybody has this issue, upgrade your USB drivers in
the Device Manager one by one by double-clicking the icons and selecting
Upgrade Driver. It's a dilly!

Kelly

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi, I upgraded to SP2 yesterday and cannot get my scanner or printer to work.
> I've contacted several people about getting the printer to work, but they
> are at a loss. I noticed tonight that my scanner won't work either and I'm
> assuming the problem is with the USB ports. In my Device Manager there are
> no yellow exclamation marks next to any of my peripherals and there are five
> entries under USB controllers: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller,
> Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller, another the same as the former, and two
> of USB Root Hub. All of these are said to be working properly and without
> conflicts by the Device Manager. I'm wondering if I should remove some or
> all of the USB drivers and let Windows reinstall them, although I'm kind of
> shaky about doing such a thing.
>
> Does anybody know what my next step should be?
>
> Kelly

Just for future reference, it can also be fixed by reinstalling/updating
your USB drivers with the installation utility for your chipset
(motherboard) ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty