Motorola WN825G - how to make it works in windows xp profe..

Hello all,

I´m experiencing problems with the WN825G wireless notebook adapter from
motorola.

When I´was using Windows 98 in my old laptop, everything was fine. Now that
I have a brand new HP compaq nx9020 with windows xp pro, completely up to
date regarding patches etc., I can´t make the adapter works.

It powers on but it´s all. No connection, in spite of place the notebook 1
meter from the access point. Do you know why it is happening ? Any problem
with windows xp or with the HP hardware ?

All drivers are up-to-date, including both motorola and broadcom last
releases.

Thank you all in advance if you can help me.

Regards

Christiano

Christiano wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I´m experiencing problems with the WN825G wireless notebook adapter
from
> motorola.
>
> When I´was using Windows 98 in my old laptop, everything was fine.
Now that
> I have a brand new HP compaq nx9020 with windows xp pro, completely
up to
> date regarding patches etc., I can´t make the adapter works.
>
> It powers on but it´s all. No connection, in spite of place the
notebook 1
> meter from the access point. Do you know why it is happening ? Any
problem
> with windows xp or with the HP hardware ?
>
> All drivers are up-to-date, including both motorola and broadcom last

> releases.
>
> Thank you all in advance if you can help me.
>
> Regards
>
> Christiano

Does it work if you are logged on as Administrator? I've found that
users must have Administrator privilege to use the Motorola WN825G. I
tried to confirm this with Motorola tech support, but discovered that
they were all liars. So I gave up.

TRENDING THREADS