Error 2481: The UPS service is not configured correctly

When I try to start UPS service I get
"Could not start the UPS service on Local Computer
Error 2481: The UPS service is not configured correctly"

Also Power options doesn't have UPS tab
Any ideas how to fix it?

If you are actually using a UPS, you need to have the proper drivers
installed and the software that comes with it should configure the UPS
service. The only UPSes that I know of that shows up properly in the
Power Options without any extra work are APC UPSes. Even those don't
configure the UPS service or use it. I have an APC UPS and it doesn't
use the UPS service ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty

zibby wrote:
> When I try to start UPS service I get
> "Could not start the UPS service on Local Computer
> Error 2481: The UPS service is not configured correctly"
>
> Also Power options doesn't have UPS tab
> Any ideas how to fix it?

I have Belkin USP installed with their software. This setup works without
any problems, so I'll leave it the way it is.
Thanks.