machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Man is it a tough life for foreigners living in Korea or what. They don't speak any other languages other than their own even though they know how to speak English or whatever. Even if they did, their English will be much of a guessing game translating their Korean slang (like 'large' pronounced as 'largEE' or 'cheese' as 'cheeCHEE'). They borrow 99.999% of the computer terms from English and still they use their Korean alphabets to make exact sounds even for English alphabets like 'CD-ROM'. They charge RAM prices like 40-60% higher than what those locals get and that is just killing me. They give you receipts that you can't even read a word besides those arabic numbers. If you are carrying something bulky like monitors and try to cross the pedestrian crossing becareful because most of the time cars (and especially delivery motorcycles) will pass like there was no traffic lights. I spent 5 hours driving around Seoul looking for a DUSTPAN and i failed.

I wonder what developed country this is. Maybe I cannot complain to Consumer Affairs because they won't talk to me anyway. If any of you are going to be posted to Korea for long missions think not twice, but <b>THRICE</b>. Maybe you will like it not for their life but for some challenge getting around.

By the way if any of you Koreans out there want to flame me go ahead. I even doubt you even want to surf outside Korean websites.

- The Depressed

This site is cool.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Depressed by Koreans.

Heh. Actually it was not that serious. Just that my school starts to get loads of work and I have no time for this. Now, I am almost graduating now so... I'm 'back'.

Good to feel be back.

This site is cool.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Heaven forbid that they should speak their own language in their own country hey? I think we should insist that they all get mandatory English lessons, despite the fact that the majority of their international business is being conducted with Chinese or Japanese speakers...

What nationality are you any way?

Added:

Jeeze this is an old post - where am I?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by peteb on 05/07/01 00:23 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I had a friend who was teaching english in Korea, she got fired because the boss threw a chair at her and she left the room, It seems it was a loss of face for him for her to walk out, she should have pulled out a glock and put a cap in his arse.That would have fixed him!!!!

G

different country, different way of life, different customs. If you don't understand them, don't go there. My god, the ignornance of some people, expecting every country to be like N.America.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I once left a group of american friends in eupope to fend for themselves since I was sick and tire of hearing them bitch. "Why are they so stupid that they can't speak english?", "Where's McDonalds", "Where's Starbucks?"

Stupid ignorance I say. As American's we need to realize that there is a world beyond our borders.

<font color=red>We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it. - Eisenhower</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, I agree. I've lived in Africa and Australia (and visited England), and there are no worse tourists than the Americans. Sure, the Japanese are EVERYWHERE, but Americans have quality over quantity.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
As time goes by...other countries will become even more like America. After all...America IS a melting-pot of all nations. To other nations I say look at America and see yourselves.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

ChrisLudwig

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2001
I don’t think America is really a melting pot of nationalities.

I live in Chicago and blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Russians and Italians each have there own district where they speak their own language, follow their own culture and have their own little piece of the city. They don’t want to mix, and perhaps for good reason.

Of the mixed communities…It’s like someone just did a “FORMAT:\Brain”.
Bunch of stupid yuppies. No individuality, No free thought, I’m surrounded by lemmings.

- I got a board too: http://www.impactsites2000.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's not perfect, but compared to every country I've ever been to we're by far the most diverse.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
come to australia then.
we are pretty diverse & tollerant.
+ we make fun of americans on a daily basis.

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.

G

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......Aklein falls off his seat LOL.

Aklein

It's July. O the Joy of Summer!

cutepunk

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Yo man... if you need any help living in Korea, or having trouble getting the components you want, contact me... and I DO speak English better than that... I think if you were living in Japan. you'd be going crazy by now.... :)

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hmmm, you should see what our media does with the crocidile hunter....I think we're even :)

Ah krikie, my arm...

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

G

BTW,
Was that you Machow, that I saw playing DFLW (Landwarrior) online?

Down at pants n at wit Donnie Iris

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
awww
dont know what your missing machow....

the thrill
the excitiment
the challenge... of not getting your ass hosed every 10 seconds cauz your weazely opponent is some 12 year old kid with a super fast cable modem who does NOTHING else apart from play online!

*grins*

serious sam cooperative is the way to go :)
mayhem with buddies

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.