2010 midterm elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is PO'ed at both parties and every incumbent office holder out there. No doubt that the GOP will gain back some seats in Congress and in various state governments, but nowhere near enough to constitute a majority, especially in the House. The Senate is a different matter. There is also no doubt that the Tea "Party" movement has made countless inroads during the past year or so. However, I feel that the GOP's "Contract With America II" or whatever it's called isn't going to work like it did in 1994. Plus, they aren't the answer.

With that said, I'm a die hard liberal and my ballot will be a straight ticket vote for all Democratic candidates. They are the lesser of two evils on my opinion. If Boehner becomes speaker of the house, I'm moving to Canada. Now, I could go back and forth with a GOP supporter about who's right or wrong, but it will not accomplish anything, as I'm set in my beliefs. You can call me a Bolshevik plotter, a hippy, etc..., but I'll keep on voting the way I do regardless.

So, let's not turn this into a major league flame war of a thread. We're all entitled to our beliefs and that's fine, just keep it civil.

P.S. I have a master's in political science/public administration, so I'm pretty versed in current political events.:D

Bye-bye Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer (fingers crossed), Harry Reid and any politician who chooses to hang with Obama. Obama is a sure one-termer. He may not even get his party's nomination in 2012. Democrats lose big time in about three weeks. Obama low 40's approval rating is the obvious key to next month's election. November's election is going to be a shocker to the non believers who live in a fantasy world. The Dems will have to regroup and not plan their strategy around the annointed one.

You'd vote for Congresswoman "We need to pass this bill so you can see what is in it" Pelosi?

That's one of the problems we have. Too many of us blindly vote straight tickets.

badge, Pelosi is in a safe district. The best we can hope for is to pry the Speaker's gavel from her sticky fingers and make her fly commercial like everyone else.

President Obama urged Democrats in Richmond thursday not to give up on his quest to change America. He declared that it took time to free the slaves. It took Americans a hundred years to get past slavery and build a new nation on the backs of illegal aliens.

Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell told the voters in a new TV ad she's not a witch. One-fourth of Americans think the president's a Muslim and a Senate candidate says she's no longer a witch. In just two years Mitt Romney's gone from being an exotic religious outsider to Pilgrim stock.

President Obama told voters Thursday his recovery plan will begin yielding new jobs soon. That's a little misleading. Just because the jobs of Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader are about to open up doesn't mean that anyone can apply for them. [:badge:2]

^ LOL.

What I read today is that we lost something like 95K jobs last month. Unemployment still almost 10% going into the elections. No wonder the Dems are scrambling to put as much distance between themselves and Obama as possible..

$111 Million In L.A. Stimulus Funds Creates Only 55 Jobs

The projects were intended to create or retain 238 jobs, but the audit found only about seven jobs created

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/audit-111-million-in-la-stimulus-funds-creates-only-18-jobs-20100917

Similarly, the city’s department of transportation, armed with a $40.8 million fund, created only 9 jobs in place of an expected 26 jobs.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/63228/20100917/american-recovery-and-reinvestment-act-arra-los-angeles-stimulus-wendy-greuel.htm

My comment. These figures suggest the prayer rug sessions are not working.

Lets not forget that the economy took a dive before Obama came into office. Bush's decision to spend trillions of dollars attacking everyone in the middle east, instead of keeping our homeland financially stable didn't help anything.

This isn't to say that I don't support our troops. I have the utmost respect for every single person that puts themselves in danger to protect our country.

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I am a very authoritarian-type liberal republican. I cannot believe that United States was fed by some of the worst presidents in history. Carter was very bad with not establishing the strong domestic security, but in my opinion Obama is worse.

Aford, Bush did spend a trillion dollars in the middle east, but it was another trillion dollars from Obama, which resulted in nothing. Bush did weaken the taliban substantially in the invasion of Afghanistan in 2002. He also did weaken the al qaeda in Iraq for safety sake of civilians.

We shall see in the future.

You have to realize, Obama was elected in the middle of it. If he had pulled out our troops, he would've left a country in shambles that we created. What's left of the Taliban would've just taken over, and we would've accomplished nothing.

There is so much bloat in the army contracts, that's where most of the blame lies.

Lets not forget it was Clinton's failed foreign policy which led the war with Iraq to become what it is today. Now this war has become Obama's war in Afghanistan. Remember the Democrats have been in control of the Senate for 4 years. Back 4 years Pre George Bush presidency. Clinton was a failure with his brand of middle east foriegn policy (See Video please). And speaking of Carter (the 70's in the middle east)... all of his peace treaty's are worthless paper today. And these boneheaded cockamemy peace treatys were his solution! Anyway, argue after the election next month. Afghanistan is Obama's war. It's his foreign policy which continues as we speak. And his domestic policy which is frankly a failure. He deos have two more years and something is bound to work at some point. Luck is what his domestic political approach has in it's favor.

Hans, In America there is no such political stance as a 'authoritarian-type liberal republican'. The country is divided into two partys, Republican and Democratic. Each party representing a solid approximately 20% of the population. That leaves 60% of the population or the silent majority as 'swing voters' in a political sense. I think most of us fall into the 'swing voter' category or 'silent majority'. I'm combining two aspects of American politics, but my point is made. Buwish is not of the silent majority. He falls into the 20% of 'straight ticket' voting Democrats. Well, I am an Independent since I registered to vote in 1973. My parents were 'Roosevelt Democrats' especially my father. My uncle's name was Franklin Delano. My father voted a 'straight' democratic ticket every time. Personally (LOL yep me speaking personally), I do not like the current group of top Democrats except Bill Clinton. Bill is the only top democrat that makes sense to me when He speaks. I recieved my mid term ballot in the mail today. I can't wait till next month when the smoke has cleared and the Dems are kicked out the House and Senate. I apologize in advance for laying out my personal ajenda. Sorry if I offended anyone. Really I am.

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/457jp8VGhEE?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Edit for Writer's embellishments.

Another aspect of politics that upsets me terribly and influences my vote at the state and local levels is the outrageous conduct of our nation's liberal minded lower courts and especially our decrepid criminal justice system. In a few words I can sum up my frustration. Any defense attorney who manages to manupilate the criminal justice system and allow a criminal to be 'let off' and then proceed to go out and commit a violent crime, murder...the attorney who got the guy off should be held accountable. Our country's liberal lower courts including our criminal justice system are a pathetic injustice to it's citizens. /end rant regarding my personal vote and how I arrive at who gets it.

On a lighter note, did anyone catch President Obama on the Today show Monday? He proposed year-round school for kids and no snack food on school campuses. The administration wants to cancel summer vacation and eliminate candy bars and soft drinks. Democrats possess a finely-honed sense of tragedy and despair which sustains them through life's brief periods of joy.

My question is, whatll they do with the illegal alien thats still living in Cali after her accusations about Meg Whitman?
Too busy for them to go after her til after the vote, which shes affecting?

Also, Id like to know if Obamas going to say it was cheaper than we all thought, when it came to stimulus payments?
http://www.twincities.com/ci_16279273?source=most_emailed
Love how they expect those criminals to go out on a spending spree, let alone the dead

JDJ smokes with the current political events awareness posts. I'd like to be an oficial 2010 mid term election news sponser to him. :)

Of course governor candidate Meg Whitman denied Democratic charges that she knew her maid was an illegal alien. Both sides are dug in. Republicans will certify their maids when Democrats can certify their presidents, until then it's a Mexican stand-off.

I thought that was a 4 way intersection with stopsigns?

Also, the Obama admin has deported more illegals than any other admin, some 400,000, half of which are criminals as well, but who would know?
Maybe Obama doesnt want to upset the latino vote?
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2010/10/us_deported_rec.php

Of course, once again, Obama can claim his economic policies are responsible for saving even more money AND solving other issues at the same time, as seen here
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2582

PS This way, he can always blame it on the previous admin, just remember, you saw it here first

That sir, I agree with 100%. I say just remove rapists, murderers, etc permanently form the gene pool.

As far as the economy goes, NO ONE understands it. If we did, every country would be richer and we would have solved most of the problems with the world today that are related to the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.