Sign in with
Your question

Reconnecting.

Tags:
Last response: in Sports & Wellness
August 31, 2011 5:49:56 AM

I give permission for this to be moved where it needs to go.

Lately, I have stumbled over an old friend,( who has contacted me before lately,) that I have not seen in a while. We went our separate ways. I had a misfortune with them though. Seems that, even though that misfortune happened, they still respect me?

Anyways. I saw them days ago, and it brought up the thought of reconnecting with them. They walked up to me and started to talk to me,( I was aware they were present.) We BS'ed for a while, then went to procedural. after the procedural...well, it has been quiet.

We have connected since he 're-established contact',( I use this lightly, for I am not to sure.)

Should I pursue a new friendship with them?
What should I do?
What should I avoid?
Personal experiences.

Thank you for taking time out of your day and reading this. It really makes me happy to see people care.

More about : reconnecting

August 31, 2011 6:14:22 AM

Are you talking about one old friend or two - possibly and female? You are not clear.

First question: whose fault was the "misfortune"? Statement implies the fault was yours.

Second: was it really a matter of "fault"?

Third: was the friendship valuable to you before?

Your old friend(s) made the first move. That implies they are willing to forgive. I'd go along and see where the new friendship is going. If it looks promising, in a little while, if you were originally at fault, apologize. Something like "I was younger and more foolish." works pretty well.
August 31, 2011 6:17:14 AM

jsc said:
Are you talking about one old friend or two - possibly and female? You are not clear.

First question: whose fault was the "misfortune"? Statement implies the fault was yours.

Second: was it really a matter of "fault"?

Third: was the friendship valuable to you before?

Your old friend(s) made the first move. That implies they are willing to forgive. I'd go along and see where the new friendship is going. If it looks promising, in a little while, if you were originally at fault, apologize. Something like "I was younger and more foolish." works pretty well.

1) Mine. I assaulted them, but I was in a serious depression. I really was sorry. They have forgiven me.

2) It was. Really. We never talked for a long time,( more than a year.)

3) Definitely. I never had a mate better than them.
!