Never run the agp reg edit for amd chips

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I ran it- the one you can get from amd's site and numerous other places- mine came from ASUS and it killed 2000. It also killed my friends 2000. Can't even get into the os. Just had to back up stuff through DOS. Suck.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i've used that registry patch (from amd's website) in win2k and didn't have a problem. did you try to get into windows in safe mode to edit the registry?

oh, and a side note...your signature,
"<i>My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus</i>" is just plain stupid

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yup, just got a big fat blue screen every time that came up right as the second loading part of win2k starts that said something about me being screwed. And if I remove all new hardware maybe it will go away. Well that didn't work either. I hear if you do it very soon after a clean install you may be ok. But if you do it later on, because you've actually had the problem it fixes, which I had not, but I was dumb enough to do it anyway, then there's a good chance you may be screwed.

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
If your having a problem with that registry key. Log in SafeMode. Then find LargePageMin and delete the key. I was having problems with it also. I re-installed everything booted into safemode and inserted the key. Didn't have a Problem. Just curious. How much mobo memory you got? I'm runnin with 128MB's. Soon to be more I hope. Win2k is memory hungry. I noticed if I'm lucky I have half that memory to use.. Arrggg... Soon to change. ;-)

Try that method. Installing the registry key in safemode. If that doesn't work simply go back into safemode start up your regedit and Find: LargePageMin and delete all the entries you run into. Not all just the entry with the LargePageMinimum. Good luck.

Dantin

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it wouldn't let me even go into safe mode. Oh well, back on 98 and running well. I have 256 megs of ram. Later on...