Samsung Launches Series 7 Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
As a 17.3-inch (1920x1080) system, it is common sense to assume that it is not an especially light device: Samsung says the Series 7 weighs 13.3 lbs.

This is like carrying an All-in-one around with a very large UPS.. :)

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Lord Captivus[/nom]"Gaming" and "Laptop" shouldn’t be written in the same sentence.[/citation]
"Cuda computational" and "Laptop" should/could

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
But really! someone explain me this, when this laptop plays full hd games with 4x antialiasing and all details at full will it not overheat? i really doubt they have a pro heatsink system and powerful fan to avoid overheating..

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Man, this makes me sad... :(

I like those specs, but 3.5 Kilos is the most I am willing to carry around on a daily basis and even that makes longer distances look ridiculous, dangling all the way on my shoulder and hip. Add the weight of case, power brick and whatnot and it becomes a drag. Literally. So, 6+ Kilos is out of the question for me.

are you just trolling? 675 is low specs? lol. while I respect clevo (check my system), it won't be any cheaper for same specs. So, $2k for ivy bridge + 675 is expensive? lol. Thunderbolt is available on clevo machines? lol.

it will crumble and not be able to give you 30 fps stable before it overheats. Does that explain it enough for you?

There's a reason this class is called "DESKTOP replacement." I would imagine that by same sentiment you won't hold it on your knees for longer than 2 hours anyway, since it would be a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.