Annoying Run DLL error loading EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll box o..

When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to go
into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?
4 answers Last reply
More about annoying error loading egcomservice_1040

    Google had a few things you can check. Looks like it's spyware.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll+&btnG=Google+Search

    "Well Being by Design" <Well Being by Design@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:3423A9F8-5ED3-4EE9-A6DF-012FA0C6C2FD@microsoft.com...
    > When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
    > EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to
    > go
    > into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
    > EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

    I scanned my PC with PC MightyMax and it found over 1200 errors. Is it
    possibleto fix these errors for free?

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Google had a few things you can check. Looks like it's spyware.
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll+&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > "Well Being by Design" <Well Being by Design@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message news:3423A9F8-5ED3-4EE9-A6DF-012FA0C6C2FD@microsoft.com...
    > > When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
    > > EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to
    > > go
    > > into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
    > > EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

    Ad-AwareSE (freeware)
    CWshredder (freeware)

    Well Being by Design wrote:

    > I scanned my PC with PC MightyMax and it found over 1200 errors. Is it
    > possibleto fix these errors for free?
    >
    > "Well Being by Design" wrote:
    >

    >>When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
    >>EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to go
    >>into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
    >>EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

Hardware Desktops Microsoft DLL Windows XP