Annoying Run DLL error loading EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll box o..

When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to go
into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

Google had a few things you can check. Looks like it's spyware.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll+&btnG=Google+Search

"Well Being by Design" <Well Being by Design@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:3423A9F8-5ED3-4EE9-A6DF-012FA0C6C2FD@microsoft.com...
> When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
> EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to
> go
> into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
> EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

I scanned my PC with PC MightyMax and it found over 1200 errors. Is it
possibleto fix these errors for free?

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Google had a few things you can check. Looks like it's spyware.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll+&btnG=Google+Search
>
> "Well Being by Design" <Well Being by Design@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:3423A9F8-5ED3-4EE9-A6DF-012FA0C6C2FD@microsoft.com...
> > When I start my desktop, I get a RUN DLL box stating Error loading
> > EGCOMSERVICE_1040.dll The specified module could not be found. I tried to
> > go
> > into the registry and deleted any data having anything to do with
> > EGCOMSERVICE, but the box is still there. What can be done?

Ad-AwareSE (freeware)
CWshredder (freeware)