Renaming hard drive

I just replaced a PC with a new Hard drive, and installed windows XP.
The drive works fine but noticed that it somehow became drive E:
instead of drive C: There are no other drives names C:, only the A:
and D: CD and floppy drives.

I've tried to rename it but no matter what I enter at adds the (E:) at
the end of the name. I don't know if this is really a problem or not,
everything seems to work fine so far, but I'd like to change it just
for the sake of consistancy. I'm not sure what to do about it though.
How did this happen and how do I change it now?
2 answers Last reply
More about renaming hard drive

    Iggy, take a look here.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q223188/
    "iggypop" <iggypop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just replaced a PC with a new Hard drive, and installed windows XP.
    > The drive works fine but noticed that it somehow became drive E:
    > instead of drive C: There are no other drives names C:, only the A:
    > and D: CD and floppy drives.
    >
    > I've tried to rename it but no matter what I enter at adds the (E:) at
    > the end of the name. I don't know if this is really a problem or not,
    > everything seems to work fine so far, but I'd like to change it just
    > for the sake of consistancy. I'm not sure what to do about it though.
    > How did this happen and how do I change it now?

    Simon: u need to delete all the partition then create
    partition again.....tis is bcoz sometime...hardware
    detect failure o the create partition process not really
    sucessful..

Hard Drives Windows XP