MB 8K7A+ Post Code 8b

I get a post code 8b often when cold booting my machine. Hitting the
reset normally allows it to boot normally after it halts at 8b. Does
anyone have any idea what that post code is?

In the manual the 8 appears related to keyboard controller for Winbond 977
series super I/O chips or enabling the keyboard interface.

0B-0Dh is "Reserved"- whatever that means.

Perhaps re-settign the bios will help. Any bulging capacitors on the board?
8K7A+ is known for problems with bad capacitors. I am waiting for my 8K7A to
go bad...

Dave

Thanks for the response, but I don't think you read the manual
correctly. 8Bh is part of the 86-92h Reserved status, having nothing to
do with 08h or 0Bh.

One thought I had was that I read the displays upside down, as the board
is up on its side in my machine, thus it would be 98h, but that still
isn't listed in the manual, and is actually beyond the step where it
leaps to FFh, the boot attempt step.

mach169usa wrote:

> In the manual the 8 appears related to keyboard controller for Winbond 977
> series super I/O chips or enabling the keyboard interface.
>
> 0B-0Dh is "Reserved"- whatever that means.
>
> Perhaps re-settign the bios will help. Any bulging capacitors on the board?
> 8K7A+ is known for problems with bad capacitors. I am waiting for my 8K7A to
> go bad...
>
> Dave

I could easily be wrong in reading the manual as this section is like
attempting to read a foreign language to me. You could try the forums at
PCPerspective.com as there is an Epox forum with occasional Epox tech person
present. Perhaps an email to Epox tech support may eventually yield an
answer. I understand that their Taiwan site gives you the best chance of a
response. Good luck to you.