Todd

Hey all,

I don't mean to brag but I now have my good old Epox 8K7A overclocked to 2160 MHz (15 x
144) with an Athlon XP2400+.

Still not impressed?

Well, that is the speed of an Athlon XP3000+ ...

Not bad for a motherboard that came out way back in 2001, eh? ;)
--
Todd

To reply to me please remove "nospam" from my address ;-)

Sounds good, Todd. How does one get there? How stable is it proving at that
speed? And what are your BIOS settings?
Thanks in advance,
Leachim Sredna
email: ma020348@aol.com

Todd <tsauvenospam@shaw.ca> a écrit dans le message :
MWrnd.276987$nl.68561@pd7tw3no...
> Hey all,
>
> I don't mean to brag but I now have my good old Epox 8K7A overclocked to
2160 MHz (15 x
> 144) with an Athlon XP2400+.
>
> Still not impressed?
>
> Well, that is the speed of an Athlon XP3000+ ...
>
> Not bad for a motherboard that came out way back in 2001, eh? ;)
> --
> Todd
>
> To reply to me please remove "nospam" from my address ;-)

Todd

It is completely stable from what I can see after running it a couple days. I ran a number
of benchmarks on it and it does come out to be an Athlon XP3000+! Bios settings are more
or less default. There is no secret formula to getting it to run. Epox only certified the
board up to XP2200+ but other people are really wringing the performance out of this
board, some getting even greater performance.

Here is a good (and very long) thread about this very board and processor:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=167018&page=1&pp=15&highlight=8k7a+and+xp2400