Minolta 3300 vs Okidate 5300 vs Xerox 8400

I'm interested in a small SOHO printer for my home needs.
I will mainly using it to pre-print my letterhead, envelopes & sticker
labels.

Afterwards, I may print it off my HP Laserjet 5100 for the text
portion.

Looking at the Minolta 3300, OKI 5300 and also the Xerox 8400.
I'd love to hear you thoughts on these machines .

Paper stock will be of a cotten variety....most likely Stratmore 25%
cotten or Beckett.

In message <1kdmc0lasp1n3ivppjlr31dg75tdgaligh@4ax.com>, john soto
<endor37@skip-the-spam.hotmail.com> writes
>I'm interested in a small SOHO printer for my home needs.
>I will mainly using it to pre-print my letterhead, envelopes & sticker
>labels.
>
>Afterwards, I may print it off my HP Laserjet 5100 for the text
>portion.
>

>Looking at the Minolta 3300, OKI 5300 and also the Xerox 8400.
>I'd love to hear you thoughts on these machines .
>
>Paper stock will be of a cotten variety....most likely Stratmore 25%
>cotten or Beckett.

I'm not convinced any of these will be ideal for printing on envelopes,
when I have tried laser printing on envelopes the heat tends to melt the
glue.

The solid ink of the phaser will produce a glossier output. I replaced a
Minolta 2200 with a Phaser 8200 and I much prefer the Xerox.

What level of printing are you likely to be doing, I would have thought,
even with the price reductions on colour lasers a minimum use would need
to be about 1k/month.

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

Douglas

The Minolta 2200 is a far cry from the 3300! I have a 3300DN and print
labels and envelopes all the time.As for the solid ink printers,not very
well thought of with letterheads.Most people do not like the waxy feel to
the letterhead.For your own use,not a big deal.When it comes to something I
send to a client,no thanks!I have seen many people trying to use a lowend
printer to compare to a printer that is 3 times its price.It may be the
lowend printer is all the person needs,in my case I need the speed,quality
and reliability of the better laser! Also,make sure your envelopes are laser
compatible!
"Timothy Lee" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> In message <1kdmc0lasp1n3ivppjlr31dg75tdgaligh@4ax.com>, john soto
> <endor37@skip-the-spam.hotmail.com> writes
> >I'm interested in a small SOHO printer for my home needs.
> >I will mainly using it to pre-print my letterhead, envelopes & sticker
> >labels.
> >
> >Afterwards, I may print it off my HP Laserjet 5100 for the text
> >portion.
> >

> >Looking at the Minolta 3300, OKI 5300 and also the Xerox 8400.
> >I'd love to hear you thoughts on these machines .
> >
> >Paper stock will be of a cotten variety....most likely Stratmore 25%
> >cotten or Beckett.
>
> I'm not convinced any of these will be ideal for printing on envelopes,
> when I have tried laser printing on envelopes the heat tends to melt the
> glue.
>
> The solid ink of the phaser will produce a glossier output. I replaced a
> Minolta 2200 with a Phaser 8200 and I much prefer the Xerox.
>
> What level of printing are you likely to be doing, I would have thought,
> even with the price reductions on colour lasers a minimum use would need
> to be about 1k/month.
>
> --
> Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
> tlatwightpropertydotcom

I went ahead and ordered myself a Xerox 6950.
Very excited for it to come in...