Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

my processor is a 2000+ but when i turn my pc on it says on the its a ahm
athlon processor 1250. it used to say 2000+ but now it doesnt, is there
something wrong ?

peter

Check your BIOS settings....the FSB seems to have gone to 100 from 133
peter
"kieran" <kieran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my processor is a 2000+ but when i turn my pc on it says on the its a ahm
> athlon processor 1250. it used to say 2000+ but now it doesnt, is there
> something wrong ?

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"peter" wrote:

> Check your BIOS settings....the FSB seems to have gone to 100 from 133
> peter
> "kieran" <kieran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my processor is a 2000+ but when i turn my pc on it says on the its a ahm
> > athlon processor 1250. it used to say 2000+ but now it doesnt, is there
> > something wrong ?
>

> and where can i find the bios settings ? and how do i change them ?

peter

To enter the BIOS requires that you restart your system.upon restart the BIOS
DOS screen will flash by and usually at the bottom it will say "push XXXX to
enter BIOS".........each system depending upon motherboard used is
different.....on mine I push "delete" on others its F6/F4 or a
combination.Usually the manual that came with your system will tell you haow to
enter the BIOS.
Once you are there be VERY CAREFUL....any wrong changes can ruin your system and
stop it from booting up at all.
Look for a heading called...Advanced Chipset..then for CPU External Frequency
check to see that it is at 133 if not change it to 133.Exit by pushing the ESC
key ....you want to Exit and save changes.
Reboot again and see if that solved your problem.
Further help requires that I know what you have....computer name /model#/ or
at least Motherboard model #
Both should have websites where this info is available.

> "peter" wrote:
>
>> Check your BIOS settings....the FSB seems to have gone to 100 from 133
>> peter
>> "kieran" <kieran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my processor is a 2000+ but when i turn my pc on it says on the its a ahm
>> > athlon processor 1250. it used to say 2000+ but now it doesnt, is there
>> > something wrong ?
>>

>> and where can i find the bios settings ? and how do i change them ?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This might be a BIOS setting that is not correct. Something
caused this behavior. The most prudent advice would be to
take it to a local repair shop or knowledgeable friend.