Just got new 8KDA and Athlon 64 with XP SP2-Music wont pla..

RH

I just got my new system up and running,a fresh install of xp sp2 on an 8kda
mb with the athlon 64 3000 processor. Sounds in my games work,but when i try
to play mp3's on itunes,winamp or media player nothing happens. I click play
in all of them and nothing happens in itunes or winamp,the button pushes but
never plays and media player crashes. Any ideas what it might be?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Did you load Nforce and realtek drivers? Could you be missing a codec? Try
reloading media player. Check all settings in control panel, Sounds and
Audio Devices.

DaveL

"RH" <robhcleoh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I just got my new system up and running,a fresh install of xp sp2 on an
8kda
> mb with the athlon 64 3000 processor. Sounds in my games work,but when i
try
> to play mp3's on itunes,winamp or media player nothing happens. I click
play
> in all of them and nothing happens in itunes or winamp,the button pushes
but
> never plays and media player crashes. Any ideas what it might be?

RH

Thanks for the suggestions.
I installed a new creative labs soundblaster card from my old system into
this one and i still get the same results. I turned off on board sound,
windows sounds still play fine but mp3's crash media player and cause itunes
and winamp to just sit there. I don't know what else to do.

Rob

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Did you load Nforce and realtek drivers? Could you be missing a codec?
> Try
> reloading media player. Check all settings in control panel, Sounds and
> Audio Devices.
>
> DaveL
>

> "RH" <robhcleoh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> I just got my new system up and running,a fresh install of xp sp2 on an
> 8kda
>> mb with the athlon 64 3000 processor. Sounds in my games work,but when i
> try
>> to play mp3's on itunes,winamp or media player nothing happens. I click
> play
>> in all of them and nothing happens in itunes or winamp,the button pushes
> but
>> never plays and media player crashes. Any ideas what it might be?

RH

Well,I redownloaded a few mp3's just now and they work fine. The problem is
the ones I copied over.
Strange

> Thanks for the suggestions.
> I installed a new creative labs soundblaster card from my old system into
> this one and i still get the same results. I turned off on board sound,
> windows sounds still play fine but mp3's crash media player and cause
> itunes
> and winamp to just sit there. I don't know what else to do.
>
> Rob
>
> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Did you load Nforce and realtek drivers? Could you be missing a codec?
>> Try
>> reloading media player. Check all settings in control panel, Sounds and
>> Audio Devices.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "RH" <robhcleoh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> I just got my new system up and running,a fresh install of xp sp2 on an
>> 8kda
>>> mb with the athlon 64 3000 processor. Sounds in my games work,but when i
>> try
>>> to play mp3's on itunes,winamp or media player nothing happens. I click
>> play
>>> in all of them and nothing happens in itunes or winamp,the button pushes
>> but
>>> never plays and media player crashes. Any ideas what it might be?

RH

Well,I redownloaded a few mp3's just now and they work fine. The problem is
the ones I copied oter.
Strange