Printer Shows up as a Drive

My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under "drives",
as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."

Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).

Richard.
2 answers Last reply
More about printer shows drive

    "Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

    > My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under
    > "drives", as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."
    >
    > Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).

    Yes, if the printer has an integrated slot for a compactflash or other
    memory card, and I think the 785EPX does. My HP PhotoSmart 1218 has an
    integrated reader for multiple formats. It shows up as a drive letter
    on my PC and I can use Windows Explorer to look at a card when I have
    one loaded.

    Guy

    "Guy Scharf" <guy@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > > My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under
    > > "drives", as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."
    > >
    > > Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).
    >
    > Yes, if the printer has an integrated slot for a compactflash or other
    > memory card, and I think the 785EPX does. My HP PhotoSmart 1218 has an
    > integrated reader for multiple formats. It shows up as a drive letter
    > on my PC and I can use Windows Explorer to look at a card when I have
    > one loaded.
    >
    > Guy

    OK; that makes sense; thanks.

    Richard.