Printer Shows up as a Drive

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 13, 2004 12:35:05 AM

My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under "drives",
as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."

Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).

Richard.

More about : printer shows drive

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 1:10:54 AM

"Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under
> "drives", as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."
>
> Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).

Yes, if the printer has an integrated slot for a compactflash or other
memory card, and I think the 785EPX does. My HP PhotoSmart 1218 has an
integrated reader for multiple formats. It shows up as a drive letter
on my PC and I can use Windows Explorer to look at a card when I have
one loaded.

Guy
June 13, 2004 2:09:42 AM

"Guy Scharf" <guy@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> "Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > My Epson printer, the 785EPX, under device manager, shows up under
> > "drives", as an "Epson SP 785EPX, Storage."
> >
> > Does this make any sense? (Using XP pro, service pack 1).
>
> Yes, if the printer has an integrated slot for a compactflash or other
> memory card, and I think the 785EPX does. My HP PhotoSmart 1218 has an
> integrated reader for multiple formats. It shows up as a drive letter
> on my PC and I can use Windows Explorer to look at a card when I have
> one loaded.
>
> Guy

OK; that makes sense; thanks.

Richard.