renamed csginal.dll and windows not booting up

I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an absent-minded
state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted the m/c
again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now. It
gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
Thanks

"prashant74" <prashant74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an absent-minded
> state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted the
m/c
> again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now. It
> gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
> ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Use your Win2000 installation CD to boot into the Recovery
Console, then rename the file back to what it should be.

Can I use the same logic for the Windows XP Home edition that I have?

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "prashant74" <prashant74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an absent-minded
> > state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted the
> m/c
> > again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now. It
> > gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
> > ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
> > Thanks
>
> Use your Win2000 installation CD to boot into the Recovery
> Console, then rename the file back to what it should be.

Sorry, when I wrote "Win2000 installation CD", I meant "WinXP
installation CD". As far as I know, the Recovery Console is available
for both versions of WinXP.

> Can I use the same logic for the Windows XP Home edition that I have?
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>

> > "prashant74" <prashant74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an
absent-minded
> > > state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted
the
> > m/c
> > > again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now.
It
> > > gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
> > > ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Use your Win2000 installation CD to boot into the Recovery
> > Console, then rename the file back to what it should be.

Thanks. I shall try and ket you know.