2 Harddisk drives with xp?

I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not generating
a fault message.
When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.

Any suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about harddisk drives

    arnek wrote:
    > I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
    > After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
    > all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not generating
    > a fault message.
    > When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Do both hard drives have the same file system?

    jimbo

    jimbo wrote:

    > arnek wrote:
    >
    >> I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and
    >> in use.
    >> After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even
    >> though all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is
    >> not generating a fault message.
    >> When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >

    > Do both hard drives have the same file system?
    >
    > jimbo

    Uh, that doesn't matter, Jimbo -- XP (HE and Pro) both support NTFS
    and FAT32 and FAT16 and FAT12, including mixtures on the same PC at
    the same time. One of the HDs on this XP PRO PC has parts that are
    NTFS and one part each of FAT32 and FAT16.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    "arnek" <arnek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
    After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
    all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not
    generating
    a fault message.
    When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.

    Any suggestions?

    Have you looked in Disk Management to see if the 2nd hard drive is there?
    You may need to assign it a drive letter. The file system of the 2nd drive
    would not matter since W2K had no problems with it.

Windows XP Microsoft Hard Drives