2 Harddisk drives with xp?

I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not generating
a fault message.
When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.

Any suggestions?

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

arnek wrote:
> I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
> After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
> all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not generating
> a fault message.
> When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.
>
> Any suggestions?

Do both hard drives have the same file system?

jimbo

jimbo wrote:

> arnek wrote:
>
>> I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and
>> in use.
>> After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even
>> though all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is
>> not generating a fault message.
>> When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>

> Do both hard drives have the same file system?
>
> jimbo

Uh, that doesn't matter, Jimbo -- XP (HE and Pro) both support NTFS
and FAT32 and FAT16 and FAT12, including mixtures on the same PC at
the same time. One of the HDs on this XP PRO PC has parts that are
NTFS and one part each of FAT32 and FAT16.
--
Cheers, Bob

br549

"arnek" <arnek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I just updated from W2ooo professional where 2 HDD were detected and in use.
After updating to XP only one HDD is shown and detected by XP even though
all drivers are correct , verified by Microsoft and the HDD is not
generating
a fault message.
When rebooting and loading W2k the second HDD is available.

Any suggestions?

Have you looked in Disk Management to see if the 2nd hard drive is there?
You may need to assign it a drive letter. The file system of the 2nd drive
would not matter since W2K had no problems with it.

TRENDING THREADS