Is this newsgroup dead or what?

Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
this group is dead.

"Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Should I unsubscribe?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

No it's not dead, just dormant at this time. Why complain? This is
actually a good sign. Epox boards work well.

DaveL

"Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
> this group is dead.
>

> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Should I unsubscribe?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I guess I could post my latest news about my 8RDA+, if you want to hear it.

DaveL

"Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
> this group is dead.
>

> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Should I unsubscribe?

Porn Spammers took over.

"Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Should I unsubscribe?

Yeah, go on, DaveL.

DaveL wrote:
> I guess I could post my latest news about my 8RDA+, if you want to
> hear it.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks
>> like this group is dead.
>>

>> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Should I unsubscribe?

but they seem to have died off for the time being, I hope.

there used to some EPOX TECHNICAL support too but I haven't heard from them
in a while.

Robin

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No it's not dead, just dormant at this time. Why complain? This is
> actually a good sign. Epox boards work well.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
>> this group is dead.
>>

>> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Should I unsubscribe?

DaveL wrote: "Why complain? This is actually a good sign. Epox boards
work well."

Never thought of it like this ...maybe your right ?
Care to hear about my *solid* EP-8KHA+ ??

Matt

Mattrixx wrote:

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> No it's not dead, just dormant at this time. Why complain? This is
>> actually a good sign. Epox boards work well.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
>>> this group is dead.
>>>

>>> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>>

> DaveL wrote: "Why complain? This is actually a good sign. Epox boards
> work well."
>
> Never thought of it like this ...maybe your right ?
> Care to hear about my *solid* EP-8KHA+ ??
>
> Matt
Running here with 1 8KHA+ and 1 8KA3 1 8KMMI3 and 1 8rda+ no problems

Total of running Epox boards by friends is 10 with also no problems

Michel

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"Michel Weijts" <nospamatmweijts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Running here with 1 8KHA+ and 1 8KA3 1 8KMMI3 and 1 8rda+ no problems
>
> Total of running Epox boards by friends is 10 with also no problems

I loved my 8RDA+ so much I bought another for my boy when Newegg had them
for cheap on refurb. They both are rock solid. Mine has bulging and
leaking caps but still refuses to hiccup, even overclocked!

DaveL

I am running a KHA+ too. Had it for over 3 years.. Last time I looked at the
caps was about 15 months ago and all looked OK.

Soon though I will retire this system in favor of an EP-9NDA3+.

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> No it's not dead, just dormant at this time. Why complain? This is
>> actually a good sign. Epox boards work well.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks like
>>> this group is dead.
>>>

>>> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>>

> DaveL wrote: "Why complain? This is actually a good sign. Epox boards
> work well."
>
> Never thought of it like this ...maybe your right ?
> Care to hear about my *solid* EP-8KHA+ ??
>
> Matt

OK. I have a symptom with my 8KHA+. After 3 years, suddenly the rig
won't restart unless you push the button (or select restart from the
menu). It shuts down but doesn't power up unless you hit restart
(again). It's not the OS as I just installed WinXp upgrade from a clean
install of 98se. I can't find any bulging capacitors. Cheers to the
living....

Hey Mattrixx, that was my thought too. I know there are tons of happy
EPoX users out there. I'm on my third board, a 4PDA2+, couldn't be
more pleased w/ it.

I do have a question for the group, and it probably shows my ignorance
more than anything. It centers on extra on-board controllers. For quite a
while EPoX was using HighPoint controllers, and I thought it was a great
differentiator in the marketplace.

My question is this: are on-board controllers going the way of the dodo
bird? Are they being "replaced" by SATA? I'd sure like to see an AMD
solution board w/ some form of PATA on-board controller.

Jeff

"Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Should I unsubscribe?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Ok. My onboard sound was not working properly. It was sounding distorted
in HL2 and was causing stuttering. I ran dxdiag and it showed that I was
running in software sound mode. The Soundstorm control panel refused to
open and instead displayed an error. I tried all versions of drivers with
no luck.

I found the answer while doing a search in a forum. Somebody had the same
problem and had figured it out. There appears to be a problem with the
Nforce drivers and DirectX. Editing some registry settings fixed
everything. Now I have full hardware sound again.

To check your DX, type dxdiag in the run line. On the Sound tab, in the
Device section, it should not say "emulated". Under "type", it should say
"WDM". It should also say "Default Device= Yes".

DaveL

"Graham W" <graham@his.com.puter.INVALID> wrote in message
> Yeah, go on, DaveL.
>
> --
> Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
> WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex
> Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.
>
> DaveL wrote:
>> I guess I could post my latest news about my 8RDA+, if you want to
>> hear it.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

>> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Besides you, me, Sophie and some "Lonely Brunette" it kind of looks
>>> like this group is dead.
>>>

>>> "Mattrixx" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Try a different power supply if you have one around.

DaveL wrote:
> "Graham W" <graham@his.com.puter.INVALID> wrote in message
>>> "Fuzzy John" <john@noemail.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>> DaveL wrote:
>>> I guess I could post my latest news about my 8RDA+, if you want to
>>> hear it.
>>>
>>> DaveL
>>>

>> Yeah, go on, DaveL.
>>
> Ok. My onboard sound was not working properly. It was sounding
> distorted in HL2 and was causing stuttering. I ran dxdiag and it
> showed that I was running in software sound mode. The Soundstorm
> control panel refused to open and instead displayed an error. I
> tried all versions of drivers with no luck.
>
> I found the answer while doing a search in a forum. Somebody had the
> same problem and had figured it out. There appears to be a problem
> with the Nforce drivers and DirectX. Editing some registry settings
> fixed everything. Now I have full hardware sound again.
>
> To check your DX, type dxdiag in the run line. On the Sound tab, in
> the Device section, it should not say "emulated". Under "type", it
> should say "WDM". It should also say "Default Device= Yes".

That's useful info, DaveL, even though my settings were ok. I also have
Sound 2, 3, and 4. They are for the modem (various drivers) and they
are showing the 'wrong' values. Should I try to rectify those or leave
well alone? I do get an occasional sound stutter but not often.

Cheers

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think it matters for modem sound. I too have a voice modem and it
says emulated for it. But I'm not going to bother with it.