recommendation for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes

Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used for
wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
handle the thickness
without bending the envelopes.

Thanks,
4 answers Last reply
More about recommendation printer handle thick envelopes

    "Tim MacDonald" <timmacdonald@rcn.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used
    for
    > wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
    > handle the thickness
    > without bending the envelopes.

    The Epson 2100/2200 can print on card (and CDs).

    Most laser printers can handle fairly heavy card stock with no problem, and
    I doubt your envelopes are heavier than that.

    Tim MacDonald wrote:

    >Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used for
    >wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
    >handle the thickness
    >without bending the envelopes.

    Any inkjet printer that can be adjusted to thickness should be able to
    handle the task just fine. My Canon i850 has a lever that quickly
    adjusts to thick items. Many other models do the same.

    If you're unsure, take a few envelopes down to a store that has demos
    available, and run it through various printers of your choice and see
    how well they print and how much they bend the envelope.

    "Tim MacDonald" <timmacdonald@rcn.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used
    for
    > wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
    > handle the thickness
    > without bending the envelopes.

    I have to print on large, metallic-finished envelopes. I use clear Avery
    address labels - recommended by the fancy stationer I bought them from.
    Works like charm.

Printers Peripherals