recommendation for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 12, 2004 8:58:36 PM

Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used for
wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
handle the thickness
without bending the envelopes.

Thanks,
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 1:58:40 AM

"Tim MacDonald" <timmacdonald@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used
for
> wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
> handle the thickness
> without bending the envelopes.

The Epson 2100/2200 can print on card (and CDs).
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:02:12 AM

Most laser printers can handle fairly heavy card stock with no problem, and
I doubt your envelopes are heavier than that.

"Tim MacDonald" <timmacdonald@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used
> for
> wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
> handle the thickness
> without bending the envelopes.
>

> Thanks,

Related resources
June 13, 2004 4:56:19 AM

Tim MacDonald wrote:

>Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used for
>wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
>handle the thickness
>without bending the envelopes.

Any inkjet printer that can be adjusted to thickness should be able to
handle the task just fine. My Canon i850 has a lever that quickly
adjusts to thick items. Many other models do the same.

If you're unsure, take a few envelopes down to a store that has demos
available, and run it through various printers of your choice and see
how well they print and how much they bend the envelope.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 11:57:27 PM

"Tim MacDonald" <timmacdonald@rcn.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a printer that can handle THICK envelopes, eg, the kind used
for
> wedding invitations. A straight through feeder is desired in order to
> handle the thickness
> without bending the envelopes.

I have to print on large, metallic-finished envelopes. I use clear Avery
address labels - recommended by the fancy stationer I bought them from.
Works like charm.
!