USB Phone is unknown device on fresh install of xp

I have a VoipVoice Cyberphone K USB Phone but I cannot get my PC to detect
it. I have many other USB devices which are working fine. The manual says
that it should be autodetected and no additional driver is necessary. It
always comes up as an unknown device though and cannot be used.

I have tried the following:

* tried on friends PC with XP Home and it is autodetected fine. - It does
not appear to be a problem with the phone itself.

* booted in safemode and removed all usb stuff. redetected as unknown
device.

* removed registry setting manually
HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\enum\usb\Vid_0000&Pid_0000 which is the key
which says unknown device beneath it.

* tried all USB ports on both front and back panels.

* reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp. I installed no
other software.
All my other USB devices were detected correctly as I plugged them in but
the phone came up as an unknown device.
As I have said, it does not need a driver and on another machine with XP
home, it worked straightaway.

I AM THINKING IT MUST BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY PC.

I have a Shuttle PC with Nvidia on-board audio. Could this be interferring?

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!

Thanks

John

More about phone unknown device fresh install

    "John B" <spamfree@hotmail.con> wrote in message
    >I have a VoipVoice Cyberphone K USB Phone but I cannot get my PC to
    >detect
    > it. I have many other USB devices which are working fine. The manual
    > says
    > that it should be autodetected and no additional driver is
    > necessary. It
    > always comes up as an unknown device though and cannot be used.
    >
    > I have tried the following:
    >
    > * tried on friends PC with XP Home and it is autodetected fine. - It
    > does
    > not appear to be a problem with the phone itself.
    >
    > * booted in safemode and removed all usb stuff. redetected as
    > unknown
    > device.
    >
    > * removed registry setting manually
    > HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\enum\usb\Vid_0000&Pid_0000 which is
    > the key
    > which says unknown device beneath it.
    >
    > * tried all USB ports on both front and back panels.
    >
    > * reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp. I installed
    > no
    > other software.
    > All my other USB devices were detected correctly as I plugged them
    > in but
    > the phone came up as an unknown device.
    > As I have said, it does not need a driver and on another machine
    > with XP
    > home, it worked straightaway.
    >
    > I AM THINKING IT MUST BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY PC.
    >
    > I have a Shuttle PC with Nvidia on-board audio. Could this be
    > interferring?

    YES your problem seems to be your PC. You stated that it
    was detected on another PC. Completely read the installation
    manual and the system requirements.

Phones USB Devices Windows XP