NVidia GeForce2 MX 400

Is there an issue related to the 61.77 drivers and video resolutions? I
don't seem to be able to change out of 1024X768 without getting video
corruption with the new drivers. This may be why I'm having problems getting
two of my grandson's games (Train sim and Finding Nemo) to work. Both
exhibit the same video "out of sync" problems and are unplayable. I think
both games require 800X600 which is one of the resolutions that I can't
switch to using the NVIDIA program.

Any thoughts? Uninstall and revert to older drivers??

Chuck
"For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
is for good men to do nothing."

peter

Hi,

61.77 is not WHQL, use 61.76
download from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.html
read the drivers installation hints before update the drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

Peter

"Chuck McGarigle" wrote:

> Is there an issue related to the 61.77 drivers and video resolutions? I
> don't seem to be able to change out of 1024X768 without getting video
> corruption with the new drivers. This may be why I'm having problems getting
> two of my grandson's games (Train sim and Finding Nemo) to work. Both
> exhibit the same video "out of sync" problems and are unplayable. I think
> both games require 800X600 which is one of the resolutions that I can't
> switch to using the NVIDIA program.
>
> Any thoughts? Uninstall and revert to older drivers??
>
> Chuck
> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."

dl

Revert to old drivers, do NOT use winupdate for drivers, use manu - nvidea
site - only

"Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
> Is there an issue related to the 61.77 drivers and video resolutions? I
> don't seem to be able to change out of 1024X768 without getting video
> corruption with the new drivers. This may be why I'm having problems
getting
> two of my grandson's games (Train sim and Finding Nemo) to work. Both
> exhibit the same video "out of sync" problems and are unplayable. I think
> both games require 800X600 which is one of the resolutions that I can't
> switch to using the NVIDIA program.
>
> Any thoughts? Uninstall and revert to older drivers??
>
> Chuck
> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."

The NVIDIA site is where I got that version. The version before that was
whatever SP2 installed or whatever was installed when I installed XP.

"DL" <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote in message
> Revert to old drivers, do NOT use winupdate for drivers, use manu - nvidea
> site - only
>
> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> Is there an issue related to the 61.77 drivers and video resolutions? I
>> don't seem to be able to change out of 1024X768 without getting video
>> corruption with the new drivers. This may be why I'm having problems
> getting
>> two of my grandson's games (Train sim and Finding Nemo) to work. Both
>> exhibit the same video "out of sync" problems and are unplayable. I think
>> both games require 800X600 which is one of the resolutions that I can't
>> switch to using the NVIDIA program.
>>
>> Any thoughts? Uninstall and revert to older drivers??
>>
>> Chuck
>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."

I also recommend drivers from www.omegadrivers.net which are geared more
toward image quality and gamers :)

-----