Broken capacitors in 4PDA2+ with RAID1 matrix

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2005 12:20:08 PM

Hello.
I have got a nice shortage in my 4PDA2+ with RAID1 matrix built with
"onboard" driver. The mainboard is totaly broken.
The thing I need to do is to restore data from HDD's.
The first idea was to buy 4PDA5+ and set up totally new server with old
HDD's. But I am not sure about the compatibility between 4PDA2+ and 4PDA5
+.

The questions:
Is the 4PDA5+ compatible with 4PDA2+ on RAID driver level?
Do I need to buy another 4PDA2+ to get my HDD data back?

Do you know any other way to get the data back? (another manufacturer,
PCI driver)?

Regards
Rafa? Praniuk
February 9, 2005 10:56:07 PM

From: Rafa³ Praniuk <bluecrow@wp.pl>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:20:08 +0000 (UTC)
> Hello.
> I have got a nice shortage in my 4PDA2+ with RAID1 matrix built with
> "onboard" driver. The mainboard is totaly broken.
> The thing I need to do is to restore data from HDD's.
> The first idea was to buy 4PDA5+ and set up totally new server with old
> HDD's. But I am not sure about the compatibility between 4PDA2+ and 4PDA5
> +.

Supposedly, since raid-1 means a copy exists on each disk, you should be
able to just read a single disk. Maybe the bios adds some blocks in
front or at the end, but nothing a well-used Knoppix linux-cd with
mount, losetup and dd couldn't deal with, I think.

Jurriaan
--
COBOL programs are an exercise in Artificial Inelegance.
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.11-rc3-mm1 2x4734 bogomips load 3.31