Epox (Pronix)

Hello,

i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me with any
information on this board.

I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron 700
CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to put an
AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have to know what
the CPU-Limit of this board is.

Thanks, for any help....
6 answers Last reply
More about epox pronix
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann"

    The "8363-686A" only identifies the MB chipset [it is a VIA chipset]. There
    were several EPOX MBs with this chipset. There are more details regarding
    the MB physically on the MB. If you look closely on the MB there will be
    the EPOX MB identifier. I have an EPOX "EP 8KTA3+Pro rev 1.0" [EPOX MB
    identifier] with a VIA VT8363A-686B chipset - not the same as yours but you
    get the idea.

    Chuck S

    "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
    > googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me with
    > any
    > information on this board.
    >
    > I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron 700
    > CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to put an
    > AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have to know what
    > the CPU-Limit of this board is.
    >
    > Thanks, for any help....
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann wrote:
    > Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???

    I don't think so but if the computer is working, write down the 4
    character
    BIOS number at the bottom of the screen and then see if you can back
    track it from there through a BIOS site or even Google.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
    > googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me
    > with any information on this board.
    >
    > I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron
    > 700 CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to
    > put an AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have
    > to know what the CPU-Limit of this board is.
    >
    > Thanks, for any help....

    Ok, I've got it.
    It's an EP-8KTA which support Duron CPUs up to 950MHz and Athlon CPUs up to
    1200MHz. The only Prob. is to get one of those old CPUs.

    Thanks for the EVEREST Home Edt. Tipp....
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in message
    > Ok, I've got it.
    > It's an EP-8KTA which support Duron CPUs up to 950MHz and Athlon CPUs up
    > 1200MHz. The only Prob. is to get one of those old CPUs.
    >
    > Thanks for the EVEREST Home Edt. Tipp....

    Ebay is your friend.

    DaveL
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" wrote in message ...
    > Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???

    e.g. Lavalys' "EVEREST Home Edition" (former AIDA32) tells me that I have
    Epox EP-4PEA(+)

Epox Motherboards