Epox (Pronix)

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 1:34:44 PM

Hello,

i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me with any
information on this board.

I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron 700
CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to put an
AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have to know what
the CPU-Limit of this board is.

Thanks, for any help....

More about : epox pronix

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 1:34:45 PM

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann"

The "8363-686A" only identifies the MB chipset [it is a VIA chipset]. There
were several EPOX MBs with this chipset. There are more details regarding
the MB physically on the MB. If you look closely on the MB there will be
the EPOX MB identifier. I have an EPOX "EP 8KTA3+Pro rev 1.0" [EPOX MB
identifier] with a VIA VT8363A-686B chipset - not the same as yours but you
get the idea.

Chuck S

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
> googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me with
> any
> information on this board.
>
> I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron 700
> CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to put an
> AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have to know what
> the CPU-Limit of this board is.
>
> Thanks, for any help....
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 5:42:40 PM

Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 5:42:41 PM

Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann wrote:
> Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???

I don't think so but if the computer is working, write down the 4
character
BIOS number at the bottom of the screen and then see if you can back
track it from there through a BIOS site or even Google.

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 7:37:46 PM

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> i have an old Epox (Pronix) Board and can't find anything about it. I
> googled it but nothings turns up, even the epox site can't feed me
> with any information on this board.
>
> I have an Epox 8363-686A with a VIA KT133/A Chipset and an AMD Duron
> 700 CPU. As I understand it is a Socket A Board so I should be able to
> put an AMD Sempron or even a XP + Version on this Board, I just have
> to know what the CPU-Limit of this board is.
>
> Thanks, for any help....

Ok, I've got it.
It's an EP-8KTA which support Duron CPUs up to 950MHz and Athlon CPUs up to
1200MHz. The only Prob. is to get one of those old CPUs.

Thanks for the EVEREST Home Edt. Tipp....
February 22, 2005 7:37:47 PM

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <SPAM@Heineken2000.de> wrote in message
> Ok, I've got it.
> It's an EP-8KTA which support Duron CPUs up to 950MHz and Athlon CPUs up
> 1200MHz. The only Prob. is to get one of those old CPUs.
>
> Thanks for the EVEREST Home Edt. Tipp....

Ebay is your friend.

DaveL
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2005 8:22:52 PM

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" wrote in message ...
> Can I find those infomration some how without opening the pc-case???

e.g. Lavalys' "EVEREST Home Edition" (former AIDA32) tells me that I have
Epox EP-4PEA(+)
!