Anyone have this board ? - Mine is crazy wrong. Undervolts like mad (a
64 3000+ default at 1.34) will only boot into windows 50% of the time
(the rest it will give me a bios error that my drive order has changed
and to go into my bios to correct - or just not boot into windows).

I opened up a case with Epox but so far they have not been much help -
they told me to set my agp apertuer size to 64mb ! lol

I am at my wits end here - turning on my PC is getting as schetcky as
the lotto,

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Have you tried another power supply? Also try the board outside of the
case. Could be something is shorting.

DaveL

"David Wilts" <ifnrule2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have this board ? - Mine is crazy wrong. Undervolts like mad (a 64
> 3000+ default at 1.34) will only boot into windows 50% of the time (the
> rest it will give me a bios error that my drive order has changed and to
> go into my bios to correct - or just not boot into windows).
>
> I opened up a case with Epox but so far they have not been much help -
> they told me to set my agp apertuer size to 64mb ! lol
>

> I am at my wits end here - turning on my PC is getting as schetcky as the
> lotto,

David Wilts <ifnrule2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyone have this board ? - Mine is crazy wrong. Undervolts like mad (a
> 64 3000+ default at 1.34) will only boot into windows 50% of the time
> (the rest it will give me a bios error that my drive order has changed
> and to go into my bios to correct - or just not boot into windows).
>
> I opened up a case with Epox but so far they have not been much help -
> they told me to set my agp apertuer size to 64mb ! lol
>

> I am at my wits end here - turning on my PC is getting as schetcky as
> the lotto,

I've got one, had it since just after Christmas, no problems with it
at all. I'd check the power supply, the symptoms could be caused by a
power supply that's not providing enough juice, either to the motherboard
or to the drives.

Scott

at wrote:
> David Wilts <ifnrule2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have this board ? - Mine is crazy wrong. Undervolts like mad (a
>>64 3000+ default at 1.34) will only boot into windows 50% of the time
>>(the rest it will give me a bios error that my drive order has changed
>>and to go into my bios to correct - or just not boot into windows).
>>
>>I opened up a case with Epox but so far they have not been much help -
>>they told me to set my agp apertuer size to 64mb ! lol
>>

>>I am at my wits end here - turning on my PC is getting as schetcky as
>>the lotto,
>

> I've got one, had it since just after Christmas, no problems with it
> at all. I'd check the power supply, the symptoms could be caused by a
> power supply that's not providing enough juice, either to the motherboard
> or to the drives.
>
> Scott

I have switched it out - orignally it was a Tagan 480 watt which is one
of the best in the biz - tried a antec 450 watt true power and again
same issues -

Thing is I can leave it on 24/7 and have no problems - even overclock
the 3000+ to 2.4 and run prime95 all day and super pi to 32million -

but reboots are tricky again... :(

David Wilts wrote:
> at wrote:
>
>> David Wilts <ifnrule2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have this board ? - Mine is crazy wrong. Undervolts like mad
>>> (a 64 3000+ default at 1.34) will only boot into windows 50% of the
>>> time (the rest it will give me a bios error that my drive order has
>>> changed and to go into my bios to correct - or just not boot into
>>> windows).
>>>
>>> I opened up a case with Epox but so far they have not been much help
>>> - they told me to set my agp apertuer size to 64mb ! lol
>>>

>>> I am at my wits end here - turning on my PC is getting as schetcky as
>>> the lotto,
>>

>> I've got one, had it since just after Christmas, no problems with
>> it at all. I'd check the power supply, the symptoms could be caused
>> by a power supply that's not providing enough juice, either to the
>> motherboard or to the drives.
>>
>> Scott
>>
> I have switched it out - orignally it was a Tagan 480 watt which is one
> of the best in the biz - tried a antec 450 watt true power and again
> same issues -
>
> Thing is I can leave it on 24/7 and have no problems - even overclock
> the 3000+ to 2.4 and run prime95 all day and super pi to 32million -
>
> but reboots are tricky again... :(
THe issue is resolved - it was the BenQ 1620 pro DVD-RW - the firmware
needed to be upgraded or else it causes the weird issues!