My dvd rom/cd-rw drive cannot be found

Hi can anyone help?
My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code
19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the same
thing?
5 answers Last reply
More about drive found

    Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
    Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?

    "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi can anyone help?
    > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
    > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
    its
    > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
    (Code
    > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
    same
    > thing?

    Yes I have did'nt work?

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
    > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?
    >
    > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi can anyone help?
    > > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
    > > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
    > its
    > > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
    > (Code
    > > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
    > same
    > > thing?

    What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?

    > Yes I have did'nt work?
    >
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >
    > > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
    allow
    > > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
    drives?

    > > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi can anyone help?
    > > > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it
    in
    > > > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device
    because
    > > its
    > > > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
    > > (Code
    > > > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says
    the
    > > same
    > > > thing?

    got the cd but can't use it - you can put the cd in and hear it spinning but
    then nothing.

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?
    >
    > "Mark R" <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes I have did'nt work?
    > >
    > > "Kevin" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
    > allow
    > > > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
    > drives?
    > > >
    > > > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > in
    > because
    > > > its
    > > > (Code
    > the
    > > > same

    Try this

    Mark R wrote:

    > got the cd but can't use it - you can put the cd in and hear it spinning but
    > then nothing.
    >
    > "Kevin" wrote:
    >

    >>What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?
    >>
    >>"Mark R" <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Yes I have did'nt work?

    >>allow

    >>drives?