My dvd rom/cd-rw drive cannot be found

Hi can anyone help?
My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code
19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the same
thing?

Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?

"Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi can anyone help?
> My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
> device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
its
> configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(Code
> 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
same
> thing?

Yes I have did'nt work?

"Kevin" wrote:

> Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
> Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?
>
> "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi can anyone help?
> > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
> > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
> its
> > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
> (Code
> > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
> same
> > thing?

What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?

> Yes I have did'nt work?
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
allow
> > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
drives?

> > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi can anyone help?
> > > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it
in
> > > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device
because
> > its
> > > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
> > (Code
> > > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says
the
> > same
> > > thing?

got the cd but can't use it - you can put the cd in and hear it spinning but
then nothing.

"Kevin" wrote:

> What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?
>
> "Mark R" <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I have did'nt work?
> >
> > "Kevin" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
> allow
> > > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
> drives?
> > >
> > > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in
> because