My dvd rom/cd-rw drive cannot be found

October 15, 2004 1:17:04 PM

Hi can anyone help?
My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code
19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the same
thing?

More about : dvd rom drive found

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 2:41:32 PM

Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?

"Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi can anyone help?
> My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
> device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
its
> configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(Code
> 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
same
> thing?

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:41:01 PM

Yes I have did'nt work?

"Kevin" wrote:

> Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to allow
> Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the drives?
>
> "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi can anyone help?
> > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
> > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because
> its
> > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
> (Code
> > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the
> same
> > thing?

October 17, 2004 1:02:56 AM

What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?

> Yes I have did'nt work?
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
allow
> > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
drives?

> > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi can anyone help?
> > > My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it
in
> > > device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device
because
> > its
> > > configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
> > (Code
> > > 19). I purchased a new external dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says
the
> > same
> > > thing?

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 5:05:03 AM

got the cd but can't use it - you can put the cd in and hear it spinning but
then nothing.

"Kevin" wrote:

> What about the installation CD(s) that came with the drives?
>
> "Mark R" <MarkR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I have did'nt work?
> >
> > "Kevin" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you tried removing the devices in Device Manager and rebooting to
> allow
> > > Windows to find the hardware and then install the software for the
> drives?
> > >
> > > "Mark R" <Mark R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in
> because