  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2005 5:21:42 PM

Hello,
I posted this question in another thread, so sorry if you've already read
it.

We've installed omnicade on a primary master 40gig drive. The install went
OK.
It boots and detects the hardware.
AdvanceMenu loads OK and looks very nice, all the snapshots and suchlike are
shown.

Starting a game is where the problem lies. Choose a game and it begins to
load. The screen goes black and then the monitor turns off. The game
continues to load and responds to credits and key board commands. Monitor
receives no signal throughout.
Pressing escape returns the computer to AdvanceMenu and the monitor switches
back on.
From this point on Advance Menu runs a little slow and trying to start
another game causes a memory allocation error.
The PC is a 900MHz Duron, 500+ megs, GeForce4MX GFX card, SB Live! Value,
15" or 17" Monitors tried. With the 15" one old game was loaded, out of 20
tried. Did not play perfectly.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'll post a link to some photos of our
21" monitor installed in a Electrocoin Goliath Cabinet when its all done.

David

More about : omnicade users

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2005 6:29:30 PM

DavidM a écrit :
> Starting a game is where the problem lies. Choose a game and it begins to
> load. The screen goes black and then the monitor turns off. The game
> continues to load and responds to credits and key board commands. Monitor
> receives no signal throughout.

Did you run and configure advcfg.exe ?

--
WolfMAME32+.90
Anonymous

"Courgette" <courgette@potager.org> wrote in message
> DavidM a écrit :
> > Starting a game is where the problem lies. Choose a game and it begins
> > load. The screen goes black and then the monitor turns off. The game
> > continues to load and responds to credits and key board commands.
Monitor
> > receives no signal throughout.
>
> Did you run and configure advcfg.exe ?
>
> --
> WolfMAME32+.90

Yes, I tried that. I chose what I thought was the closest monitor config and
the test image worked OK. Do you remember what setting you used?
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2005 8:04:50 PM

DavidM a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :

> Yes, I tried that. I chose what I thought was the closest monitor config and
> the test image worked OK. Do you remember what setting you used?

I'm using a Hantarex 15khz monitor so i choosed "Generic Arcade Monitor
Standard Resolution 15 kHz (CGA)"

hmmm, this is a stupid idea but... heum... You did run
\advmenu\advcfg.exe AND \mame\p2\advcfg ? :-?

--
WolfMAME32+.91u1
Anonymous

"Courgette" wrote in message...
> > Yes, I tried that. I chose what I thought was the closest monitor config
and
> > the test image worked OK. Do you remember what setting you used?
>
> I'm using a Hantarex 15khz monitor so i choosed "Generic Arcade Monitor
> Standard Resolution 15 kHz (CGA)"
>
> hmmm, this is a stupid idea but... heum... You did run
> \advmenu\advcfg.exe AND \mame\p2\advcfg ? :-?

No. I let Omnicade set it up first, which did not work. Then ran
\advmenu\advcfg.exe and it still did not work. Maybe I will try
mame\p2\advcfg as well.

Someone suggested that maybe it does not like the video card. I'll have to
tinker some more.
Cheers
David
!