Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Canon printer print only yellow blacK?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 12:48:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

my color printer canon s200spx print only
yellow and black after I replace my color
cartridge.
I have do deep cleaning, head alignment,
test it with another computer,check the
positions, reload the driver.

any suggestion?
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 12:52:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

wtbwts typed:

> my color printer canon s200spx print only
> yellow and black after I replace my color
> cartridge.
> I have do deep cleaning, head alignment,
> test it with another computer,check the
> positions, reload the driver.
>
> any suggestion?

Did you buy refilled cartridge? They are sometimes bad. My friend once
bought totally dry color cart.
In any case, take it back and ask for a replacement, because it's almost
certainly cart problem, not printer or system one.
you can also check this if you take it out and check each color with a
sponge - if sponge on blue and magenta doesn't get wet, it's dry.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 1:31:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

USed sponge to check,
the color cart is not dry, thee is ink inside.



> Did you buy refilled cartridge? They are sometimes bad. My friend once
> bought totally dry color cart.
> In any case, take it back and ask for a replacement, because it's almost
> certainly cart problem, not printer or system one.
> you can also check this if you take it out and check each color with a
> sponge - if sponge on blue and magenta doesn't get wet, it's dry.
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 9:48:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

wtbwts typed:

> USed sponge to check,
> the color cart is not dry, thee is ink inside.
>
>
>
>> Did you buy refilled cartridge? They are sometimes bad. My friend
>> once bought totally dry color cart.
>> In any case, take it back and ask for a replacement, because it's
>> almost certainly cart problem, not printer or system one.
>> you can also check this if you take it out and check each color with
>> a sponge - if sponge on blue and magenta doesn't get wet, it's dry

Try to remove print head (not just cart, but whole head to reach contacts),
clean contacts and reinsert it, if that helps. If not, something may be
dead - either head or printer.
Related resources
!