Reinstall Windows XP Home Upgrade on a new hard drive

I would like to upgrade my laptop's hard drive and am concerned that my
previously installed Windows XP Home Upgrade Key will not work with the new
hard drive. Will I have this problem? If so, what can I do to reinstall
Windows XP? If this is going to be an aggravation, I will not do this.
The factory installed Windows was Windows 98SE. I know that I will probably
need to install Windows 98 before installing the upgrade.
Your advice is appreciated.
--
Nick
1 answer Last reply

    Nick, if you have the Win98SE CD then you won't have to reinstall Win98.
    WinXP will just ask for the Win98 CD to verify. You can do a new install
    with a Upgrade CD. Just upgrading your hard drive will not effect
    Activation. So if the conditions that I mentioned are met go ahead with your
    plan. Check here for more info
    http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/clean.htm

    "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to upgrade my laptop's hard drive and am concerned that my
    > previously installed Windows XP Home Upgrade Key will not work with the
    > new
    > hard drive. Will I have this problem? If so, what can I do to reinstall
    > Windows XP? If this is going to be an aggravation, I will not do this.
    > The factory installed Windows was Windows 98SE. I know that I will
    > probably
    > need to install Windows 98 before installing the upgrade.
    > Your advice is appreciated.
    > --
    > Nick

Hard Drives Windows XP