I have an 8RDA+ w/ an Athlon 3200+, Western Digital HD, GF FX 5950 Ultra,
and other small cards. I currently have an Antec PP_412X 400W Switching
Power Supply (Smart Fan). I've narrowed down the loud noise from my case to
the PS.

What is your recommendation for a very quiet 400W - 450W power supply? And
yes, a good one.

Thanks!

--
Michael Sovitzky
MCSE: W2K

I just put an Antec 480w True Blue in my 8RDA+. I only bought the blue
because the specs were the same as the Antec 480w True Power, and the blue
was cheaper....

BTW, what FSB are you running? I just ordered an Athlon XP 3200+ with a
400MHz FSB, and I'm debating whether to put it in my 8RDA+ (the version with
unofficial support for the 400 FSB, stepping C1) or in my Abit NF7S2, which
officially supports it. Just wondering....

Regards,

Margaret
MSCE, NT4

"Michael Sovitzky" <msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
>I have an 8RDA+ w/ an Athlon 3200+, Western Digital HD, GF FX 5950 Ultra,
>and other small cards. I currently have an Antec PP_412X 400W Switching
>Power Supply (Smart Fan). I've narrowed down the loud noise from my case
>to the PS.
>
> What is your recommendation for a very quiet 400W - 450W power supply?
> And yes, a good one.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Michael Sovitzky
> MCSE: W2K

BTW, this Antec PS replaced a PC Power & Cooling 400w quiet PS which just
died. I'd heard these were the best, but I've had two go on me just after
the warranty was up.

Regards,

Margaret

"Michael Sovitzky" <msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
>I have an 8RDA+ w/ an Athlon 3200+, Western Digital HD, GF FX 5950 Ultra,
>and other small cards. I currently have an Antec PP_412X 400W Switching
>Power Supply (Smart Fan). I've narrowed down the loud noise from my case
>to the PS.
>
> What is your recommendation for a very quiet 400W - 450W power supply?
> And yes, a good one.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Michael Sovitzky
> MCSE: W2K

I am running now at 12.5 X 186. If I go higher, games lock up, or I get
BSOD's.

Is the Antec 480W true blue very quiet?

"Margaret Wilson" <twokatmew@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message
>I just put an Antec 480w True Blue in my 8RDA+. I only bought the blue
>because the specs were the same as the Antec 480w True Power, and the blue
>was cheaper....
>
> BTW, what FSB are you running? I just ordered an Athlon XP 3200+ with a
> 400MHz FSB, and I'm debating whether to put it in my 8RDA+ (the version
> with unofficial support for the 400 FSB, stepping C1) or in my Abit NF7S2,
> which officially supports it. Just wondering....
>
> Regards,
>
> Margaret
> MSCE, NT4
>
> "Michael Sovitzky" <msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
>>I have an 8RDA+ w/ an Athlon 3200+, Western Digital HD, GF FX 5950 Ultra,
>>and other small cards. I currently have an Antec PP_412X 400W Switching
>>Power Supply (Smart Fan). I've narrowed down the loud noise from my case
>>to the PS.
>>
>> What is your recommendation for a very quiet 400W - 450W power supply?
>> And yes, a good one.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Michael Sovitzky
>> MCSE: W2K

It's quiet enough for me..... Don't notice it being any louder than the old
"silencer" from PC Power & Cooling.

Regards,

Margaret