Problem with my 8RDA3+ motherboard

Christoph

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

So I got home this afternoon and noticed that my system had locked
up. I thought it might have had something to do with an overheating
issue had had resolved about a month ago. Perhaps that issue was
resurfacing. So I turn my machine off for about 30 minutes to allow
it to cool down and try turning it back on. Nothing. Not even the
BIOS information. To top that off, the board is posing 'FF'. Great.
So I try taking out all the RAM and turning it back on. Interesting
thing is that the board doesn't sound an alarm like I think it normally
should. Put back in the RAM and start pulling the cards (all 2 of them;
a video card and a HD controller card) in turn and rebooting after
the removal of each. Nothing. Still posting 'FF'. So I take out the
CPU and reboot. Nothing. Still posting 'FF'. And just as with the
RAM, no alarm sounded indicating that the CPU was missing.

Is this an indication that the motherboard is bad?

thnx,
Christoph

DaveL

Distinguished