CD drives

In My Computer, I don't see the cd drives anymore. I can't even open my cd
drives, so I can't put any cds in. And I don't see them on the device
manager. What can I do to fix this?
1 answer Last reply
More about drives

    Albert, see if this will help
    Go to Start>Run type: regedit then
    Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the
    following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    NOTE: If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
    third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
    values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to
    remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
    filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
    error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
    values completely in the preceding key.

    "Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In My Computer, I don't see the cd drives anymore. I can't even open my cd
    > drives, so I can't put any cds in. And I don't see them on the device
    > manager. What can I do to fix this?

Hardware Computers CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP