CD drives

October 15, 2004 10:55:03 PM

In My Computer, I don't see the cd drives anymore. I can't even open my cd
drives, so I can't put any cds in. And I don't see them on the device
manager. What can I do to fix this?

More about : drives

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 12:06:06 AM

Albert, see if this will help
Go to Start>Run type: regedit then
Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the
following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
NOTE: If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to
remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
values completely in the preceding key.

!