  • Hard Drives
  • Disk Drive
  • Windows XP
October 16, 2004 12:43:02 AM

I've corrupted some how my properties on my Hard drive. Here's the
scenerio...Click on my computer, click and double click on local disk (c:) ,
normally it would open the list of folders on my hard drive. Now it tries to
open some program it can't find.

Earlier in the day, I did try to cut and paste a file from a CD ROM to the
hard drive and obviously I did something wrong. Seems I pasted the executable
over the properties of the local disk folder some how.

One more piece of information, If I right click on the hard drive instead of
getting the normal open and explore, etc.. options, I get autorun in addition
(autorun is the first option).

More about : local disk drive properties messed

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 4:10:45 PM

Open My Computer, open C:\, find the file named autorun.inf and delete
it. When you paste the contents of a CD to the root directory (not in a
folder on the drive), it will turn that drive into a hard drive version
of the CD.

-----
Nathan McNulty

!