sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
I have just ordered an <b> Eizo L365 </b> TFT monitor with a new PC for my family.

I was able to see it in a nearby shop, where they had on display several TFT (& CRT) screens. Unfortunately they didn’t have a Compaq (5030), but they had a <b> Nokia (530) </b> and a few others from less known manufacturers: <b> AOC & Iliyama </b>.

The Eizo really stood out.
For one it is more compact; it has a small surrounding plastic case, compared to all the others which look enormous.

But most important is the feeling that I got from looking at the screen; the colours were more “vivid and intense”, whereas all the others were looking faded, “wishy-washy”.
I guess it must be the superior contrast of the Eizo, <b> 450:1</b> !

By the way, here are the full specifications: Brightness: 300 cd/m2, Contrast Ratio 450:1, Response Time: Rise Time: 6 ms, Fall Time: 19 ms, Viewing Angle Horizontal: 160°, Vertical: 150°, RGB & DVI, speakers.

I forgot to mention that all the TFTs where connected through an analog RGB connection and they were simultaneously playing a video (avi or mpg) of medium quality. Maybe the resolution was not 1024*768.

However, the fact is that the difference was striking; the Eizo had a much “sharper” image, compared not only with the aforementioned models but with everything else I had seen so far. That made it for me.
Now I am looking forward to using it (with an ATI 7500 DVI card, AthlonXP1600+, KT266A, 256DDR rig :cool: ) and I will let you know how it looks like in games and all.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Cool. Haven't really seen that LCD in person, but then again Eizo is known for their great displays. Illyama isn't exactly teh best LCD maker- their LCD's are definetly not compararble with other company's. What really strikes me as odd is that teh L365 refreshes at 60Hz, rather than 75. Although LCD's don't refresh, that little annoyance *MAY* and I say may be noticed in seriously high motion video, but then again, there really aren't movies at 40FPS, as then response time will be noticeable.

If it's working...overclock it!

G

How is Eizo L365?? I am looking at this great LCD too

Please give some feedback!

Thanks

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Yes, I know that LCD's don't refresh. Sorry if teh wording sounded like that too u. What I mean is that I belive I have read about some sort of thing about there being a limitation to fast motion video teh lower teh refresh rate is.

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Wasn't on the web. Ok, so aside from the marketting then, what would be the point of a 75Hz refresh rate- there has to be some other reason...

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
60Hz is supported by everything, its the default for all video modes in win2kpro and windows XP which makes those Operating systems a pain for gaming unless you know what your doing. Its the refresh rate thats garranteed to work with all monitors(I know thats spelled wrong, oh well).

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
So if 60Hz is supported by all monitors and vid cards (which is obvious since that's default in many things), why make LCD's w/ 75Hz? Why would there be a VESA requirement that it be 75Hz, not 60Hz?

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
its not limited to 75 Hz but it does both.
Maybe it has to do with that problem you mentioned earlier, or maybe its just CRT marketing uselessly getting into the LCD market, that higher refresh rates are better.
If refresh rate truly doesn't matter with LCD monitors then its just marketing based off of the crts.

And there is always the fact that you can have verticle sync on your video card turned on and with only 60 Hz refresh rate your FPS would be limited without turning it off. So 75Hz and higher "refresh" rates will make gamers happy because they can still keep higher FPS.
BTW I'm curious what exactly happens when an LCD refreshs? I havn't read up 100% on LCD technology.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Oni on 11/27/01 11:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>