Win 7 / BSOD! Help !

Phasio

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hello guys,
Yesterday I installed some software to help me partition my HDD. After the install my pc instantly crashed via BSOD. I cant even enter safe mode without this BSOD haunting me.
Ive tried to reformat with Windows 7, but now it wont even recognise my HDD.

My MB is a GA-MA770T UDP.

What do I do?
ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated...

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

Phasio,

Which application did you use to partition your hard drive?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Phasio

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for trying to help :)
I honestly cant remember because I downloaded quite a few applications... BUT, I managed to format my harddisk using software from the producer of the HDD.

I still cant install any OS though... Im completely lost as to how to fix this.... :(

Actually, I would use some of the hard drive diagnostic tools on the Ultimate Boot CD first. Make sure there is nothing wrong with the drive, then wipe it out with something like DBAN (which is memory serves, is on the UBCD).

Always test your hardware first if you are having issues - pointless spending time on something if its faulty

If it checks out do as The_Prophecy suggested and use DBAN or something that can zero write a hdd properly and try a reinstall from there

Phasio

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Wow, thanks for the replies guys....!
I found some software yesterday made specifically for my HDD, and I managed to format it by writing zeros... A process which took 2 hours...! According to the tests the HDD isnt faulty.
But i still cant install any OS :(

Phasio

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
By the way, I just tried formatting it in DOS mode.. It says I cant because its using RAW filesystem.. I tried converting it but it wont let me do that either.

God how I hate computers!