installing sound card

hi can anybody help me ? ia am trying to install a trust 5.1 surround card it
starts to load the sofware but comes to a point when my computer shuts down
and will not start windows up again untill i go to known good last setting
then it will restart
3 answers Last reply
More about installing sound card

    Ray, try different PCI slots. Disable onboard sound if your Motherboard
    provides it in the Bios.
    "ray" <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi can anybody help me ? ia am trying to install a trust 5.1 surround card
    > it
    > starts to load the sofware but comes to a point when my computer shuts
    > down
    > and will not start windows up again untill i go to known good last setting
    > then it will restart

    have already tryed different slot it was still the same also i had
    uninstalled my other sound programe to no joy

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Ray, try different PCI slots. Disable onboard sound if your Motherboard
    > provides it in the Bios.
    > "ray" <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi can anybody help me ? ia am trying to install a trust 5.1 surround card
    > > it
    > > starts to load the sofware but comes to a point when my computer shuts
    > > down
    > > and will not start windows up again untill i go to known good last setting
    > > then it will restart

    "ray" <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi can anybody help me ? ia am trying to install a trust 5.1
    > surround card it
    > starts to load the sofware but comes to a point when my computer
    > shuts down
    > and will not start windows up again untill i go to known good last
    > setting
    > then it will restart

    The old card, and any instance of their drivers or software must be
    removed. (not an easy thing to accomplish)

Hardware Microsoft Sound Cards Windows XP