DVD/CDRW not working properly after SP2 installed

My Pioneer DVR-A07XLA drive worked perfectly before installing SP2. After
SP2 it locks up the system. It seems that the contents of disks (audio CDs,
dataDVDs, DVDs) can be detected and displayed by Windows Explorer, Windows
Media Player but whenever a file is accessed....the system locks and cannot
be restored until the disk is ejected. I tried using System Restore to
restore back to a pre-SP2 configuration and all was well again. Reinstalled
SP2 and same problem returned.
Any ideas? I am still waiting for MS techies to respond. I contacted
Pioneer, and they haven't any ideas.

Try updating your chipset (motherboard) drivers. Uninstall the drive
from Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc) and then reboot. Finally,
check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

-----
Nathan McNulty