rod

When I install one stick of memory (Mushkin basic green 512 MB, PC3200),
everything runs stable. When I add the second stick (identical to first),
the system won't even POST. Either stick works in either slot individualy,
but no POST with 2 sticks. I don't believe it is PSU related, since I
unhooked all drives, and still no POST. Either stick also works in
existing 8RDA3i MB.Tried various bios settings, and relaxed memory settings
to no avail. System won't POST at default bios settings with 2 sticks of
memory installed. Also installed AGP video card, which also wouldn't POST.
Is there a fix, or should this board be RMA'd. It is a new board purchased
through Newegg about 2 weeks ago. Memory is also new purchased at same
time.

8RGM3i MoBo
Athlon XP 2600+ Barton
Onboard video
Mushkin memory- Basic Green 512 MB PC 3200
WD HDD IDE
Samsung CDRW
FDD
BIOS 7/30/2004 (Newest Available on EPox Site)

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

What fsb are you trying to run at? Are you getting a post code? Any beeps?
Try holding down the insert key when powering on. Try increasing the ram
voltage.

DaveL

On Mon, 2 May 2005 14:24:51 -0700, DaveL wrote:

> What fsb are you trying to run at? Are you getting a post code? Any beeps?
> Try holding down the insert key when powering on. Try increasing the ram
> voltage.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Rod" <xxx@thrmp.com> wrote in message
>> When I install one stick of memory (Mushkin basic green 512 MB, PC3200),
>> everything runs stable. When I add the second stick (identical to first),
>> the system won't even POST. Either stick works in either slot individualy,
>> but no POST with 2 sticks. I don't believe it is PSU related, since I
>> unhooked all drives, and still no POST. Either stick also works in
>> existing 8RDA3i MB.Tried various bios settings, and relaxed memory
>> settings
>> to no avail. System won't POST at default bios settings with 2 sticks of
>> memory installed. Also installed AGP video card, which also wouldn't POST.
>> Is there a fix, or should this board be RMA'd. It is a new board purchased
>> through Newegg about 2 weeks ago. Memory is also new purchased at same
>> time.
>>
>> 8RGM3i MoBo
>> Athlon XP 2600+ Barton
>> Onboard video
>> Mushkin memory- Basic Green 512 MB PC 3200
>> WD HDD IDE
>> Samsung CDRW
>> FDD
>> BIOS 7/30/2004 (Newest Available on EPox Site)

Dave,
FSB is stock @333
No beeps
Board doesn't have any post codes
If there is a way to increase voltage to memory in the BIOS, I sure can't
find it - I don't believe you can change the voltage.

Like I said, runs fine with one stick of memory, but won't run with 2
sticks. I have gotten it to boot once or twice with two sticks, but most of
the time it won't even light up the monitor.

Rod

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Rod,

I just checked Newegg and noticed that board does not have a led post
display like most other Epox boards. Someone else noted that the board does
not have much in the way of bios features so it probably does not have
voltage settings. Another guy says he has two sticks of PQI memory running
in his. Maybe you should have Newegg replace the the Mushkin with a pair of
PQI. I must ask, I did you choose that board? Did you need micro atx or
onboard video?