Keyboard Problems

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

My keyboard has been functioning strangely in the sense that some keys have
been assigned multiple functions. Spacebar spaces and lowers volume, when num
lock is on r. and l. shift display 1 and 4 respectivly. When it is off, they
act as end and left arrow. When i hit down arrow, if i have winamp running,
it moves to the next song, backspace moves it to the previous, even if it is
not the active program.

Hello Miles,

Try uninstalling your keyboard drivers and then reinstalling them.

Michael Ortega

"Miles" <Miles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My keyboard has been functioning strangely in the sense that some keys
> have
> been assigned multiple functions. Spacebar spaces and lowers volume, when
> num
> lock is on r. and l. shift display 1 and 4 respectivly. When it is off,
> they
> act as end and left arrow. When i hit down arrow, if i have winamp
> running,
> it moves to the next song, backspace moves it to the previous, even if it
> is
> not the active program.

Or check regional settings like I suggested on your other post. Didn't
see this one before I submitted the post :)

-----
Nathan McNulty