4pea+ crashes with larger HD

Hi,

I've been using the 4pea+ with XP-Pro (no SP) for over a year. It has
been working flawlessly without any crashes.

Problems began when I changed my Maxtor 60Gb HD for a Hitachi 250Gb
SATA-drive (blue screen, crashes). Thought it might be a SATA-issue and
installed a 160GB ATA (seagate barracuda). Again the system crashes.

Any ideas what could cause the crashes?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
2 answers Last reply
More about 4pea crashes larger
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    I formatted with partition magic, and xp (without SP's) can acces all
    160 Gb

    Andy schreef:
    > Windows XP without any service packs installed can properly access
    > disk drives only up to 137GB in size. Run Disk Management and look at
    > the capacity of the disk (left side of panel showing graphical
    > representation of partitions on disks). If the size is not correct,
    > Windows XP is not set up to correctly access the disk.
    >
    > On 4 Jun 2005 15:17:36 -0700, "adjev" <adjev@home.nl> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I've been using the 4pea+ with XP-Pro (no SP) for over a year. It has
    > >been working flawlessly without any crashes.
    > >
    > >Problems began when I changed my Maxtor 60Gb HD for a Hitachi 250Gb
    > >SATA-drive (blue screen, crashes). Thought it might be a SATA-issue and
    > >installed a 160GB ATA (seagate barracuda). Again the system crashes.
    > >
    > >Any ideas what could cause the crashes?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > >Adrian
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    Windows XP without any service packs installed can properly access
    disk drives only up to 137GB in size. Run Disk Management and look at
    the capacity of the disk (left side of panel showing graphical
    representation of partitions on disks). If the size is not correct,
    Windows XP is not set up to correctly access the disk.

    On 4 Jun 2005 15:17:36 -0700, "adjev" <adjev@home.nl> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been using the 4pea+ with XP-Pro (no SP) for over a year. It has
    >been working flawlessly without any crashes.
    >
    >Problems began when I changed my Maxtor 60Gb HD for a Hitachi 250Gb
    >SATA-drive (blue screen, crashes). Thought it might be a SATA-issue and
    >installed a 160GB ATA (seagate barracuda). Again the system crashes.
    >
    >Any ideas what could cause the crashes?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Adrian

Epox HD Motherboards