UK Study Shows Tetris Can Help with PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Are people getting paid for this? One week study? OMG!! That’s statistically significant!
I particularly like this part:
The second experiment showed that playing Tetris four hours post-film also reduced flashbacks when compared to the no-task group.
If I’m getting this, it says that you can choose to play Tetris 4 hours or don’t do anything...same effect...
Wait, i have more!!
I did a quick reading of the "paper" (link in article), it says that they tested 60 people!! WOW!! 60 people and 1 week!!
Gauss-Jordan is laughing from the grave!

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
True say...

But someone playing tetris on his Alienware 17x is like making his grandma drive his Ferrari....

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Lord Captivus[/nom]Are people getting paid for this? One week study? OMG!! That’s statistically significant!I particularly like this part:The second experiment showed that playing Tetris four hours post-film also reduced flashbacks when compared to the no-task group.If I’m getting this, it says that you can choose to play Tetris 4 hours or don’t do anything...same effect...Wait, i have more!!I did a quick reading of the "paper" (link in article), it says that they tested 60 people!! WOW!! 60 people and 1 week!! Gauss-Jordan is laughing from the grave![/citation]

Sometimes I think people on Tom's simply comment to try and prove a flaw in everything.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
I play Tetris quite a bit, I'm a rank 93 / 100 in Tetris Battle on Facebook, and enjoy the game quite a bit. I'm a hardcore gamer, but appreciate the simplicity of a fast paced skill game.

As for the study, I'd love to hear numbers on how many people, and how much of an increase or decrease, but it's interesting either way.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
There needs to be more testing. Go to the middle east, follow a military caravan around until one gets blown up, and give a handheld Tetris game to one survivor and a lollipop to another to see the difference!

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I'm all for Tetris... wasted many a hour on that game. But I'm almost certain I read this exact news more than a year ago. Because it was that long ago I can't find out where...
Slow news day... oh wait, Galaxy 3 was released today... hmm. strange. :)

dannyhaszard

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
PTSD treatment for Veterans found ineffective.

Eli Lilly made $65 billion on the Zyprexa franchise.Lilly was fined $1.4 billion for Zyprexa fraud!
The atypical antipsychotics (Zyprexa,Risperdal,Seroquel) are like a 'synthetic' Thorazine,only they cost ten times more than the old fashioned typical antipsychotics.
These newer generation drugs still pack their list of side effects like diabetes for the user.All these drugs work as so called 'major tranquilizers'.This can be a contradiction with PTSD suffers as we are hyper vigilant and feel uncomfortable with a drug that puts you to sleep and makes you sluggish.
That's why drugs like Zyprexa don't work for PTSD survivors like myself
-Daniel Haszard FMI http://www.zyprexa-victims.com

Status
Not open for further replies.