Viewing shared anything on a network

I have two new notebooks, both running XP, one has an intel 2100 network
adaptor card, the other a 2200, both are (finally) connecting to a common
ad-hoc network with the same name.

Now here's the problem, I have no idea of what I'm supposed to do now, I
have allowed sharing, etc, how/when am I supposed to 'see' a directory of the
other drives.

I have created a common workgroup, but can only see what is on the 'host'
machine when I 'explore'. as for sharing a printer and the internet, thats is
beyond me.

I hope it is something simple... ...please!

regards

Sean 3DD

An aside, of the two network cards, are they significantly different, as
both machines where supposed to be identical, which one is 'better'?

try

http://www.ezlan.net/

mike