Kudos to Epox

I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
the bulging caps.

They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.

2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!

Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
motherboard.

Well done Epox!

tim
5 answers Last reply
More about kudos epox
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox (More info?)

    I also recently sent in my 8KHA+ motherboard for the leaking caps issue. I
    noticed the caps bulging last fall, and when I did my WinXP SP2 upgrade
    earlier this year, I - coincidently - started getting spontaneous reboots.
    At the time, I couldn't reconcile whether it was my m/b or WinXp... So, I
    did a clean install of WinXP but the spontaneous reboots didn't go away, so
    I figured it was the m/b that was the source of that problem.

    EPoX offered an RMA on this 3.5+ year old board (waaaaay out of warranty!)
    for a nominal $20 US. I received it back in about 2 weeks also, and put it
    all back together and it booted up fine from the get-go. I was very
    impressed with the service and support. I will certainly weight that
    heavily when I build my next machine. (I currently have 2 EPoX m/bs).

    bryan

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:44:11 GMT, tim <nada@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
    >fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
    >caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
    >perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
    >the bulging caps.
    >
    >They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
    >out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
    >the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
    >leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
    >
    >2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
    >my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
    >
    >Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
    >be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
    >motherboard.
    >
    >Well done Epox!
    >
    >tim

  2. had leaking and bulging caps on 8K3AE after 3.5 years. no symptoms, just noticed when case was open to add card. interesting that i couldn't find a warranty statement anywhere on their website or in the mobo manual. emailed epox asking about warranty and policy on leaking caps. they issued an rma and recapped it for $14. way to go epox!
  3. I also have had great service from Epox so I sent them a link to this page letting them know of our corporate joy.

  4. From many, many personal experiences... puffed capacitors SUCK.
  5. Way cool to hear that man; I own an EPOX board and have built a few boxes with EPOX boards and can say that I am really happy with them. Knowing this I will keep ahold of them for sure. I will try to make my next build using an EPOX board again. (when DDR3 and PCI-E 2.0 are out for an AMD board at a reasonable price)

Epox Motherboards Product