Kudos to Epox

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 11, 2005 1:44:11 AM

I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
the bulging caps.

They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.

2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!

Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
motherboard.

Well done Epox!

tim

More about : kudos epox

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2005 8:23:23 AM

I also recently sent in my 8KHA+ motherboard for the leaking caps issue. I
noticed the caps bulging last fall, and when I did my WinXP SP2 upgrade
earlier this year, I - coincidently - started getting spontaneous reboots.
At the time, I couldn't reconcile whether it was my m/b or WinXp... So, I
did a clean install of WinXP but the spontaneous reboots didn't go away, so
I figured it was the m/b that was the source of that problem.

EPoX offered an RMA on this 3.5+ year old board (waaaaay out of warranty!)
for a nominal $20 US. I received it back in about 2 weeks also, and put it
all back together and it booted up fine from the get-go. I was very
impressed with the service and support. I will certainly weight that
heavily when I build my next machine. (I currently have 2 EPoX m/bs).

bryan

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:44:11 GMT, tim <nada@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
>fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
>caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
>perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
>the bulging caps.
>
>They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
>out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
>the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
>leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
>
>2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
>my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
>
>Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
>be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
>motherboard.
>
>Well done Epox!
>
>tim

May 15, 2007 2:21:34 PM

had leaking and bulging caps on 8K3AE after 3.5 years. no symptoms, just noticed when case was open to add card. interesting that i couldn't find a warranty statement anywhere on their website or in the mobo manual. emailed epox asking about warranty and policy on leaking caps. they issued an rma and recapped it for $14. way to go epox!
Related resources
May 15, 2007 3:01:14 PM

I also have had great service from Epox so I sent them a link to this page letting them know of our corporate joy.

May 15, 2007 3:04:29 PM

From many, many personal experiences... puffed capacitors SUCK.
May 18, 2007 2:21:54 AM

Way cool to hear that man; I own an EPOX board and have built a few boxes with EPOX boards and can say that I am really happy with them. Knowing this I will keep ahold of them for sure. I will try to make my next build using an EPOX board again. (when DDR3 and PCI-E 2.0 are out for an AMD board at a reasonable price)
!