Return to where you were from the PM (or any) section?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know if this is a possible feature to implement, but a lot of times I'm working my way through a forum, I get a PM, I click on the flashing icon, and when I respond to the PM I then have to navigate back from home to the place where I was at before the PM. It'd be really nice if sections like profile and PM had a way to remember where you were at before you left and just return there instead of starting back over from home.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
I would like to see that happen also if it's possible. Good idea.

And I still would like to see an option / switch you could set so that after replying to a post you would be automatically directed back to the forum. I always preview my replies before submitting them so to be taken to view my post is seldom necessary. And when I am done with a reply it would be nice to be able to divert my attention elsewhere instead of rushing to hit the button to return to the forum.

Sorry SP Didn't mean to get off topic or hijack your thread.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Didn't we already discuss that, and we decided against it? :roll:

OnTopic - That would be a good idea, it is pretty annoying having to find out where you left off.

This is a very good example of what I was referring to in my post in the structures section!

Gone, bye, see ya, adios, Out of here !

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Right.

I mean in an ideal perfect world (where all sorts of forumz bugs would also be fixed) we'd have options for this kind of stuff in our preferences so that everyone could be happy.

But in the real world (you know, where we're still catching bugs all the time, haven't even gotten to many of the feature requests yet, and in many ways still aren't even equal to TOF's functionality) we have to settle for quick solutions to appease the majority for now, at least until that magical day where all of the important bugs and features are taken care of.

:roll: